• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I change the version of Photoshop opened by LR?

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have both Photoshop 22.3 and Photoshop 21.2.6 installed, how can I change the version of Photoshop that LR uses when I open a photo in Photoshop? For example, if I open the selected photo in PS from LR and the photo opens in PS 21.2.6, how do I change LR so that it opens the selected photo in PS 22.3? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

I just found an article by Adobe that explains how to edit the path used by Lightroom in the registry. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try un-installing and re-installing 22.3 using the CC Desktop App. This  may reset the Lr<>Ps link default to 22.3

When Photoshop 22.3 is the 'Default' Photoshop that Lr-Classic is linked to-.

You can add Photoshop 21.2.6 as an Additional External Editor Preset in the Preferences dialog.

It's use has-

Limitations:  You cannot 'Open as layers'. You cannot 'Open as Smart object'

Advantages:  Allows you to 'Open in 21.2.6', Allows you to set JPG as a alternative to TIFF or PSD in the default Ps.

ScreenShot054.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just found an article by Adobe that explains how to edit the path used by Lightroom in the registry. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/lightroom-classic/kb/edit-photoshop-command-missing-photoshop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines