• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I download M1 version Lightroom classic?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new comer with Macbook M1 to Adobe creative cloud and lightroom classic. After I download the installation file and open it, a window shows up whihc indicate I need to install Rosseta 2 to operate the creative cloud and lightroom classic. 

I know there's already M1 version of Lightroom Classic, but where can I download it on the website? It seems the version I download from website is still Interl version. 

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom Classic is universal (meaning it contains both Intel code and M1 code), so it will automatically use M1 native code. I think the CC app is not yet universal however, so that will probably have triggered the Rosetta 2 message.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. However both CC and Lightroom Classic triggered Rosetta 2 message.

and I went to below website to download app for M1

https://helpx.adobe.com/sea/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

ChinYin_0-1638442024595.png

but after I double clicked the install file, Rosetta 2 message still showed. 

ChinYin_1-1638442098066.png

It really surprise me that users can't get the most updated app on the Adobe website....😥

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After I downloaded the Rosetta 2 to open the CC, I finally can download the M1 lightroom! It feels strange that need to use Rosetta before download the M1 version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines