• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I escape Library panel showing keyboard shortcuts?

Advocate ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I accidentally hit a keystroke that got me into a screen I cannot get out of... Library keyboard shortcust, I think it was a keyboard combination of command backstroke or something like that but everything I tried only made matters worse and even the escape key would not get me out of it... basically locked me out of working in Lightroom. By shutting down the computer and opening Lightroom again I was able to get out of it and regain the working screens in Lightroom. Just to help, if it every happens again. is there an easier way to dismiss unwanted 'help' screens like this one? Whew, it was obstinate and unable to dismiss. I would think there would be a hint somewhere on a window like this of how to close this window... TIA for any help with this.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

On a Windows machine, Ctrl+/ activates that help screen, and simply pressing the escape key dismisses it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Windows machine, Ctrl+/ activates that help screen, and simply pressing the escape key dismisses it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Thanks Jim. I'm on a Mac and the escape key did nothing. You would think the escape key would work the same on both platforms... maybe not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible that because you apparently hit so many other keys that the escape key was rendered unworkable. I don't think there is any difference in the functionality between the two operating systems. But I have never used a Mac, so don't quote me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I think you are on track with that reply. I was frustrated as the screen seemed frozen and yes, I was trying other keys and clicking everywhere to try to escape, which probably froze the whole thing real good. Thanks Jim, I'll take a more calm approach next time and if all fails I know that shutting down the machine did get me out of it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Help screen of Keyboard shortcuts is made to appear by the keyboard shortcut [Ctrl + / ]. So if you need help with shortcuts it is [Ctrl] plus the question mark key [?]- That's questionable 🙂

The 'Shortcuts' help dialog shows shortcuts that are specific to the module that is currently active.

The Shortcuts screen is simply dismissed by clicking the mouse cursor anywhere outside the Shortcuts help screen.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines