• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to add a keyword to just some images in a collection?

Enthusiast ,
Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I have a "New York 2018" collection with images which already carry the NY2018 keyword. But other which don't. How do I add the keywords to the bunch which doesn't without having to do it 1-by-1?

Thanks a lot,

Raphael

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 30, 2018 Sep 30, 2018

There are two panels relating to keywording. I said Keywording, not the Keyword List.

SNAG-0005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select them in grid view and in Keywording you'll see NY2018*. The asterisk mean some have it some don't, so remove the asterisk and you're done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.

What happens when I select them all in Grid View is that the check mark is replaced by a - sign inside the box next to the keyword. What happens then?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two panels relating to keywording. I said Keywording, not the Keyword List.

SNAG-0005.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Argh!!!

Very elegant solution! Thank you John.

I'll definitely be using it from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the view option to Show Badges turned on there will be an icon in the bottom right hand side of the thumbnail in the Grid view for "Image Has Keyword" assigned. For those that don't have that icon select them and apply the keyword.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot JSM.

Worked like a charm. Now, this solution worked great for images without any keywords on them. Is there a way to do the same with images that already have keywords but not the missing ones? John's solution, if I can get it to work, would seem to be more likely to address keyword-by-keyword situations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines