• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to convert lrtemplate to XMP ?

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How possible to convert lrtemplate file into xmp file?

This system not work : Tutorial Convert lrtemplate to xmp - LR to PS Presets - YouTube

or this (are the same thing) : How To Convert Lightroom Presets to Adobe Camera Raw Presets - YouTube

Just write in this forum but I had no answer .

Just write here : Using Lightroom presets in Photoshop?

Many thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Did it twice, worked both times. You aren't doing something correctly when it doesn't work.

Also simply it has to work. All you are doing is loading a bunch of settings into ACR, just like if you started out in ACR, and then Saving those settings as a Preset which in ACR creates a XMP file.

I even looked at both videos and did it both ways, Save Settings from the menu and Create Preset using the icon at the bottom of the ACR window.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

"You can’t import the old format [.lrtemplate]"

For future reference, for LR 7.2 or later: To import old-format .lrtemplate presets, click the "+" button at the top right of the Presets panel and do Import Presets, or right-click the preset group User Presets (or another non-built-in preset group) and do Import.

Note that the menu command File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets won't import old-format .lrtemplate presets. (Just another LR inconsistency.)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I went to one of the links you provided, followed along with the instructions and I now have a ACR Preset that was created from the LR preset I applied and other adjustments I made in LR before I sent the file to PS as a Smart Object.

Works fine.

You aren't doing something correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very often it does not work.

Checking carefully.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did it twice, worked both times. You aren't doing something correctly when it doesn't work.

Also simply it has to work. All you are doing is loading a bunch of settings into ACR, just like if you started out in ACR, and then Saving those settings as a Preset which in ACR creates a XMP file.

I even looked at both videos and did it both ways, Save Settings from the menu and Create Preset using the icon at the bottom of the ACR window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right mouse click USER PRESETS in lightroom, click IMPORT.

Import your old *.LRTEMPLATE files, and it will convert them to *.xmp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me.  None of the two dozen presets I have saved works.  I tried at both the top level and while User Presets was selected.

Error.png

Any other suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can’t import the old format. You need to copy them to the old location.

Go to Edit >> Preferences >> Presets

Click the button “Show all other Lightroom presets”

Double-click the Lightroom folder, then double-click to open the Develop Presets folder

Drag your folder of .lrtemplate files into the Develop Presets folder.

Quit Lightroom

Re-start Lightroom

When the application re-starts you should see a message that all of the added presets have been converted to the current XMP format - see image below.

Look for them in the presets panel. They may be listed under Older Versions

Converted-XMP.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU!!! This is what finally worked for me!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! Worked fantastically!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hoping I can get some help here. All my old presets are the lrtemplate and I'm now using Lightroom Classic version 10.0, the newest one I believe as I just got it. I do as instructed in your post and all my presets are in the Develop Presets folder as lrtemplate. See screenshots. However, when I restart my computer, they aren't transferred to the new extension. What am I doing wrong?Screenshot (112).pngScreenshot (113).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you are looking in the correct place.

After the conversion, the new XMP files are at

C:\Users\ user_name \AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I have the same problem as mentionned lately in the conversation.

I respected the process and nothing works at all. LRc does not convert the presets I dragged into the  Lightroom > Develop presets

You can see it on the screenshots.

After restarting the LRC, nothing moves at all.

Any ideas please ?

Thanks a million BUG PRESET2.PNGBUG PRESET1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait... I restarted the computer and... It appeared .... Haha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This helped me! THANKS!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2022 Jun 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You very much! It worked smoothly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly this isn't working anymore it seems. I am on LR Classic 9.3 and the new folder I created in the older Develop Presets folder, with .lrtemplate files in it, isnt showing up

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your the Boss. worked. Thank You

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2019 Nov 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! This works perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 28, 2019 Nov 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You can’t import the old format [.lrtemplate]"

For future reference, for LR 7.2 or later: To import old-format .lrtemplate presets, click the "+" button at the top right of the Presets panel and do Import Presets, or right-click the preset group User Presets (or another non-built-in preset group) and do Import.

Note that the menu command File > Import Develop Profiles And Presets won't import old-format .lrtemplate presets. (Just another LR inconsistency.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2020 Jul 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sadly this isn't working anymore it seems. I am on LR Classic 9.3 and the new folder I created in the older Develop Presets folder, with .lrtemplate files in it, isnt showing up"

Don't try to install presets by putting them in the hidden folders -- it's too easy to make mistakes. Rather, to import presets (both .xmp and .lrtemplate format), use the LR import commands.  See this post for important details on how to import .lrtemplate presets:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic/how-to-convert-lrtemplate-to-xmp/m-p/10769513#M1664...

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, your link is not working. Can you explain here, how can we do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of those answers are working anymore. Nor the hidden files and I tried literally all of them neither the plus button on the presets... this is really frustrating. There's not even a free converter.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"None of those answers are working anymore. Nor the hidden files and I tried literally all of them neither the plus button on the presets..."

Please provide details about what happens when you click the "+" button at the top right of the Presets panel and do Import Presets.  

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click the plus button on the presets panel and click on the folder with the "lrtemplates" it says "unable to import presents". It works only with xmp files. 

16029627653203578837591041752756.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"When I click the plus button on the presets panel and click on the folder with the "lrtemplates" it says "unable to import presents". It works only with xmp files."

Your screenshot adds a crucial detail: you're importing from a .zip. Unfortunately, LR won't import .lrtemplate presets contained in a .zip.  You'll have to extract the .zip into a folder, then when importing with Presets panel > + > Import Presets (not File > Import Develop Profiles and Presets), navigate to that folder and select all the .lrtemplate files in it.

When Adobe implemented the new .xmp format for presets, it did a pretty bad job with the user interface, with lots of rough edges that continually confuse many, many people:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/lightroom-classic/lightroom-remove-all-the-rough-edges-... 

They've shown no inclination to fix any of this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines