• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get LightroomCC v7.5 to install some Lightroom Presets

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon everyone! I just purchased/subscribed this afternoon to Adobe Creative Cloud ($52.99/mo) and I had a question about Lightroom (I'm on a M1 MacMini). My current Lightroom version number is v5.2 and Lightroom Classic is v11.2. I was trying to find LightroomCC v7.5 or higher.  I'm very new to all of this so I'm having a bit of trouble finding my way. 

The reason for my question is that I just purchased Jared Polin's FroPack Lightroom Presets Bundle (1-3) and it requires LightroomCC v7.5 to install the 44 Lightroom presets. The instructions for installation are "Thank you for purchasing my FroPacks with custom presets for Adobe Lightroom 7.5 and later. The latest update to Lightroom CC made it super easy to install presets. Click the plus (+) button next to the presets folder in Lightroom while in the develop module."

Unfortunately, I cannot find -- in either Lightroom or Lightroom Classic -- where the presets area is let alone the (+) button. I'm probably overlooking something so my apologies if I'm asking something I should know. 

So my questions are where can I find the proper version of LightroomCC v7.5 or higher so I can install the 44 presets from Jared Polin (FroKnowsPhoto)? Do I already have the right app(s) of Lightroom and/or Lightroom Classic to do so? if so, where am I missing where to look? If not, where do I go?

Please let me know what I need to do (if you don't mind) as I've been trying to figure this all out for quite some time today.

Thank you for your assistance (and I appreciate your patience)! 

Sincerely,
Jeffrey
TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2022 Apr 09, 2022

So here is a hint-  Store ALL your downloaded Presets in a folder in 'Documents' to preserve them for the future (and have backups).

And yes, to install in Lightroom-Desktop v5.2: 

Adobe Lightroom > File > Import Profiles & Presets

Or- Click the 3 dots icon above the Presets panel window and 'Import Presets', navigating to your folder location of the stored presets.

2022-04-10 13_03_59-Lightroom.jpg

Yes, they will appear somewhere in the Preset list in the panel- BUT they could be in 'User Presets' or they could be in another

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also trying to find the develop module in Lightroom as well.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I went back into Lightroom Classic and found the develop module. 

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my next question is seeing that I was able to find the develop module in Lightroom Classic (LrC), are the presets and develop module available in Lightroom (Lr) v5.2?  Thanks!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, Part II...

In Lightroom (Lr), if I'm reading the app menu hierarchy correctly, would the adding of Lightroom presets -- like the 44 FroPack presets I want to add --  be located at:

And one more question: Once I upload the presets, seeing that the above would be correct, would they then be listed to the far right under the Edit section where the Presets tab at the top is so I can start using them? 

Thanks!

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So here is a hint-  Store ALL your downloaded Presets in a folder in 'Documents' to preserve them for the future (and have backups).

And yes, to install in Lightroom-Desktop v5.2: 

Or- Click the 3 dots icon above the Presets panel window and 'Import Presets', navigating to your folder location of the stored presets.

2022-04-10 13_03_59-Lightroom.jpg

Yes, they will appear somewhere in the Preset list in the panel- BUT they could be in 'User Presets' or they could be in another Group named differently. And you may need to click a 'Disclosure' arrow to reveal enclosed presets in a Group. And the type of file you are editing can determine if a Preset appears, or not.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear Rob,

Thank you very much for your help. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to reply to my question as it was incredibly helpful (and insightful). Thank you also for the hint as I will make sure to do that going forward. Now that you've described what I need to do, I will definitely follow your instruction on how to import those presets. I'm excited to try Lightroom with my photos and you certainly made it easier to get started. Thanks again for your help and take care.

Sincerely,
Jeffrey

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines