• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to go to next picture after deleting one?

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up to now in Lightroom Classic the next picture appeared automatically after deleting one with 'x'. Now I have to go to the next picture with an arrow key. I can not find where I can intstruct Lightroom to automatically move to the next picture after deleting one. (I'm using a MacbookPRo.)  

Who can teach me where to change this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

You probably mean to set the flag with 'x'. There is no deletion involved with that.

Turn on CapsLock to auto-forward to the next picture after marking, flagging, rating ...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 19, 2020 Jun 19, 2020

Activate the menu 'Photo - Auto Advance'.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You probably mean to set the flag with 'x'. There is no deletion involved with that.

Turn on CapsLock to auto-forward to the next picture after marking, flagging, rating ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you F_McLion! Indeed: I meant to flag with 'x'. Your trick works indeed, that's great.
Still, I did not need to set the CapsLock on in my earlier version of Lightroom Classic. I remeber an instruction like: 'After typing 'x' [or any marking, flagging... as you said], go to the next picture'. CapsLock makes Lightroom do this, but it has been possible without it...

Still, as long as I cannot find that, I will use the CapsLock as you taught me, thank you!

Bye,
Lion (which is my real name, F_McLion)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as I remember using Shift+'x'[p,u...] moved to the next picture and CapsLock is actually nothing else than "permanent shift" for letters.

I don't remember any other way ...

ot: My real name (Swiss-German) means the same as Lion (animal) ... thats why I use this 😉

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Activate the menu 'Photo - Auto Advance'.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's it! Thank you very much/dank je Johan!
Small addition: I couldn't find it first - you can only find the menu 'Photo-Auto advance' in the Library mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always use auto advance and noticed the other day it was not on.  So searching for how to turn it on.  Photo menu>auto advance.  It is not on the menu anymore.  i am using subscription LR.  

Help!

Kathy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OOPS!  I found it.  i did not realize it only worked in library mode and didnt realize I was in library Mode.  I learn something new everyday, and relearn...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines