• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to highlight all the brushes in one image?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before Lightroom v11, I used to be able to click the brush icon in control panel, and it highlights all the brushes I have created in current image, which allows me to quickly identify which brush(es) I used for which local adjustment area.

In Lightroom v11, I can add multiple brushes into one mask, but all of them have the same adjustment value (e.g., exposure value = -0.5). I spent the last one hour chatting with Adobe representive, just to find out that restriction.

In image with more complicated processing, I usually have 10+ brushes of differnt adjustments, applied to differnt local adjustment areas of the image. Now I have to create 10+ masks to wrap all these brushes (one mask for one brush), is there an easy way in Lightroom v11 to highlight all the brushes I have created for this image, not just the brush(es) in one particular mask? I hate to search through individual masks, just to find the right brush I used a while back, for one particular area.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A mask now consists of multiple components. The adjustments apply to the combined mask, not to those individual components. If you want to apply several brushes with different adjustments, then you must make each brush a different mask (click on the big plus icon in the mask panel), not a different component of the same mask. There is no way to avoid that. It is the nature of the new beast.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the nationale behind the new design. It has its own set of advantages, but also introduces other drawbacks. A good design should not have to break existing things in order to make other things easier. Now I have to dig into each individual mask to find out which brush I used for one particular local adjustment area. This also applies to other local adjustment tools (e.g., Linear Gradient).

Adobe should at least add some keyboard shortcuts to show/hide all the local adjustment tools already applied to the image, to make selection easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A possible workaround is to select "Show Unselected Mask Pins" in the Overlay Tridot and then mouse over the individual Masks in the mask panel.

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion. That works well for image with clean background and simple subject, which requires relatively few masks (< 10).  Once the image gets more complicated, this approach doesn't work. I wish there's a way to display/hide all the brush/filters/other local adjustment tools with a keyborad shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines