• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to import metadata to LRC from a CSV file

Participant ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My web host has a neat feature that allows me to download the metadata  into a CSV format of a gallery that includes: 

Filename

Title

Description

Alt Tag

Keywords

and one other field they use that ties into the system you do not change

You can then easily modify all the medata in the spreadsheet, when done you do a simple upload and all meta date for the images you modified will get the metadata updates.  This is very fast and easy to makes sure all the metadata is exactly as you want in a batch fashion.

I cannot find any option in LRC that would allow me to select the same metadata fields from this CSV file to do a batch import as well.  It is very painful and a waste of bandwith/time to have to update each image one at a time in LRC, export all the changed images, the re-upload to the host.  I clearly want all my metadata to match in LRC and my host.

Am I missing where this is?  Can anyone help me get this working?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the LR Transporter plugin.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

I use Lightroom Classic and I followed your advice. The LR transporter plugin is in the correct directory, it is registered with full functionality but the import option does not appear. I use the latest classic version.

Would you have an idea what the issue could be? Lightroom also has access to all the folders it wants to have access to.

Kind Regards,

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Import command is under the Library > Plug-in Extras menu, not File > Plug-in Extras.  (Adobe has never provided good guidance to plugin authors as to which menu to use for which commands, so they make reasonable guesses, but it can be confusing.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2022 Oct 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This would be the ideal moment for a faceplant emoji. Why didn't I think of that. I thought that a plugin would have the commands in one place. Thanks for the hint. This solves it for me.

Regards,

Edward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just looked at that and it appears you have to registoer the plugin which I assume you haveto pay to use.  Not sure it would import the csv file downloaded by my website host.  Scratching my head, looked over the install and did get it to instal but got lost trying to figure out how to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm facing a similar Issue need a way to Inport a CSV File or a Copy List into Lightroom but LR doesn't work and Doesn't show up in Supported Files while importing either...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2022 Dec 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you manage to figure this out? I'm still struggling with importing the CSV file to the images I have uploaded. It should work but it just isn't doing anything 😞 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 16, 2022 Dec 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attach a sample .csv file with the first few rows (rename the file to have the .txt extension so you can attach it here).  Post a screenshot of LR/Transporter's Import Image Metadata window.   We might be able to see what's going wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issue, everything is set as it should, but when i run it, nothing happens.
I am using the trial version to see if the tool works, i will buy the full version if it does.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 11, 2023 May 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you're referring to LR/Transporter, you'll have to contact the plugin's author, I think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines