• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to move files within a collection

Contributor ,
Mar 03, 2021 Mar 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just watched a julieanne kost tutorial during which she showed how to move files within the same  collection.  I ttried doing exacly the way she did and it didn't work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

If the question is 'How to change the ORDER of PHOTOS within ONE Collection.' then- in screen-clips-

1) Select ( Highlight) one photo in a Collection using Grid View

ScreenShot434.jpg   

Note my Sort Order is ScreenShot435.jpg

2) Drag it (the one photo image- NOT by the grey border!!) to another location in the Grid of photos.

A thumbnail of an 'image' will indicate the move and a dark line will appear to indicate the location where the 'moved' photos will be placed, until you let go the mouse button.

ScreenShot436.jpg

3) Release the mous

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Here are my notes on 'moving' photos to re-order in a large Collection-

1) Select (highlight) the [#1 Photo] you wish to ‘move’ into a ‘distant’ Custom Sort grid location,
2) Move/scroll your ‘View’ of the Grid to the ‘Destination’ location in the Grid, (no dragging of photos)

3) Add to the selection of photos with [Ctrl/Cmd + Click] on one [#2 Photo] that is located at the ‘Destination’ location in the Grid,
4) Then hold the [Alt/Option] key and drag the [#2 Photo] left or right (with the left

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SUCCESS ONCE AGAIN!!!

the problem has been that after selecting the target image I continued to hold down the cmd key while scrolling left or right.

this time I let the cmd key go and followed your directions.

thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jim Wilde You are so right! It makes no difference to hold down the [Alt/Opt] key. And a little easier using the mouse alone.

It works as you say- "hold down the left mouse button and drag to the insertion point, then release the mouse button."

I think I based my method on a Julianne Kost tutorial, so maybe the function has improved with upgrades. Or I have always been wrong 🙂 

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines