• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to reinstall Lightroom 6 for macOS Ventura

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently needed to uninstall my licensed version of Lightroom Classic 6. Now I would like to reinstall it on my computer but I am unable to do so. I am able to download the file but not install it. I receive the message: "The developer of this app needs to update it to work with this version of macOS." I am running macOS Ventura.  I understand that Adobe no longer supports Lightroom 6, but as I am the licensed owner I should be able to still download and use it. I do not want to purchase the newest subscription-based Lightroom software. Is there a way to work around this?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not without a great deal of difficulty. The obsolete version 6 of Lightroom simply cannot be installed on a 64-bit MacOS version (so any MacOS from Catalina onwards). And there's no point in expecting Adobe to fix that, they stopped supporting LR6 back in 2018. In theory you could have an secondary boot drive running Mojave or earlier, onto which you could install LR6, but you'd obviously need to switch to that every time you wanted to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jim.  That's sort of what I was thinking...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, sorry I can't be of more help. But if you can bring yourself to taking out a subscription, you probably wouldn't regret it from a purely functionality perspective as Lightroom Classic has improved quite a bit since LR6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Too old. LR 6 isn't supported anymore.

Your best option is to get newer software that's compatible with newsest OSs and 64-bit architecture.

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:

• Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
  • Camera Raw
  • Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
  • Lightroom Classic (similar to Lightroom 6)
  • Portfolio website + hosting
  • Adobe Express (free starter plan)
  • Bridge
  • 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
  • Free upgrades for paid subscribers

https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR6 should run as a 64-bit application under Monterey and maybe Ventura (I never tried that) but installing it is the issue; you must boot into an OS that can support the 32-bit installer (the last being Mojave). That's a big problem for M1's because Monterey, Big Sur, Catalina and M1 Macs do not run 32-bit and can't boot into Mojave. 
IF your new Mac isn't an M1 (Apple Silicon), you are OK but if it is, you're SOL. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines