• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to set the default effect for the brush in local adjustments?

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys.

When I choose the brush option in the local adjust menu the effect is always set to 'soft skin (lite)' as default, how do I change this so that the effect defaults to a different category eg: 'exposure' is set as the default each time the brush option is selected?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2022 Apr 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find that if I - Open a Brush [K] > Choose an Effect (in the Dropdown menu) > Close the Brush (close the Masking panel),  then the change becomes the default for the next brush.

You might want to also uncheck the option to [Reset the Brush sliders] which can be annoying when it happens with every brush

2022-04-25 08_14_48-Lightroom Catalog-v11 - Adobe Photoshop Lightroom Classic - Develop.jpg

You could also create your own Brush Preset that becomes the default.

I created a "Reset" preset that allows me to choose when I want to reset the sliders.

2022-04-25 08_15_55-Window.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Rob,

Sorted, apologies for the latness of my reply, only just came across your answer:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines