Exit

How to setting the color of Active view? It's different of Reference view

New Here ,
Nov 19, 2022 Nov 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

螢幕截圖 2022-11-20 下午12.11.32.png螢幕截圖 2022-11-20 下午12.13.49.png

I'm using MacOS M1 lightroom Classic.

When I open the Reference view, I found that it is more reddish and yellower than Active view.(Pic)

I try Output Jpg or Png, the color is the same as the Reference view.

So does Active view have chromatic aberration? How to setting the color of Active view?

Please help me. it's making me schizophrenic.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Does the problem go away if you turn the Graphics processor off in Preferences > Performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2022 Nov 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you are trying to do here. It looks like reference view and active view are the same photo, but that is not what this function is meant for. The reference view function is meant to compare the active photo (the one you are working on) with a different photo, so you can try to match them.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.
I know what this function is meant for.

However, the color of the Reference View is not the same as that of the Active View, which leads to incorrect color accuracy when grading according to the Reference View.

Now I can only compare the same photo to show that the main problem is that the color of the Active View is not accurate。 Color of Active View is different from the Reference View, and it is different from the Output.

If the Output color is used as the standard, the Active View color is wrong.
This leads to need to open the Reference View to check each photo when grading

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem go away if you turn the Graphics processor off in Preferences > Performance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes!!! I love you bro!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2022 Nov 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd, because you use MacOS and an M1 Mac. The GPU in the M1 processor is fully supported and the drivers for the GPU are part of MacOS. You can't update them separately like Windows users have to do. What version of MacOS do you use?

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2023 Jan 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I'm having the same issue and it doesn't go away when the GPU is off (also using MAC). Any other recommendations? thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried several photos and am not seeing any differences if I use the same photo for both sides of Reference View.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines