• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to update lightroom 5 to version 5.7

Community Beginner ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I have an Adobe ID account and I registered my LIGHTROOM 5 product with the key. (I bought in 2013 the license LR 5, software to install with the CD). Today when I am looking to update LR to version 5.7 I always arrive on the free one month trial page of adobe tracking. How to update in my case? Also I can not find the mail to contact the support? Thank you for your help.

Sincerely

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Hopefully, this page will get you what you're looking for Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 

The legacy apps are listed at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully, this page will get you what you're looking for Update information for older versions of Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 

The legacy apps are listed at the bottom of the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here you'll find the appropriate installation files for Lightroom 5.7.1: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Axel

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2019 Dec 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This only lists the latest. I have LR5 and the update download 5.7.1 but it doesn't work on my MacBook Pro running Mojave. Any help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please explain "doesn't work" in a lot more detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I install 5.7.1 -- received the link after much of a headache with chat support who told me it might not work and he was right in that. I get Lightroom 5 Error code 213:10. I've done searches on that and have tried to follow how to fix but it doesn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I was given a CC download of 5.7.1 rather than a stand alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens if you try downloading from these instructions: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/downloaded-older-app.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2019 Dec 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help dj_paige. That won't work. Besides mine was a disc copy, not a download. 

Don't see your app or plan?

Adobe provides installers for only our current apps and the previous major version of each. (Acrobat is an exception: We provide only the current versions to ensure that you have the latest security updates.) We do not provide installers for apps we no longer sell. 

Fortunately I found a copy of 5.7.1 that I downloaded a couple of years ago. Adobe will only give out the CC version that does not work. The copy I found does. Why won't they give out that copy?  Thanks again for helping me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i canot find my activation code/Key can you help please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have your serial number. When you purchased Lightroom, Adobe should have sent you an e-mail with the serial number, you need to search your old-emails for any e-mail from Adobe. If you bought Lightroom from somewhere else, the serial number will be on or in the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2020 Dec 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The referenced page in this post and in downstream replies no longer has any download links.  It shows that the latest version for Lightroom 5 is 5.7.1 but provides no means to get it.  The instructions are for the in-product update, which as stated in the original post, only knows about CC downloads and updates.  There is no mention of Lightroom at all in the end-of-life products table here: https://helpx.adobe.com/support/programs/eol-matrix.html so not sure what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Things change! Adobe no longer has download links for v5.7.1

If you registered v5 with your Account at Adobe, there may be a way to access a download from your account.

Instead, try this download link under  - Adobe Lightroom 5 Direct Download Links

v5.7 Download?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is why you should always SAVE Update Downloads. You never know when you will need it again.

2020-12-05 21_12_42-G__DownLoad_Adobe Stuff.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2021 Sep 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just shoot me, you are a legend. was stuck with a very early version of LR5. Saw your post & looked through an old drive & there in Downloads was the LR 5.7.1 exe file. Now updated & all the problems I had are gone.

Many Thanks.

Max.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2021 Nov 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Adobe Nov. 2021!

Do the people in charge at Adobe actually know what they are doing here, in my opinion, contrary to European law. They refuse that an even if already an older purchasable in the store in my case "PS Lightroom 5" that had a lot of bugs can no longer be updated to the update 5.7.1.
This is theft. I will exhaust all legal possibilities to help thousands and thousands of Adobe users who use such older programs of the Adobe range to your right. Especially in Corona times not everyone can afford a subscription, sometimes at much higher prices.
Since nothing will change in the profit-oriented policy of Adobe anyway, I will turn my back on this company.
With unfriendly greetings

Günther Wansch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@güntherw9104817 

Do the people in charge at Adobe ...

We are not Adobe in this forum. We are other Lightroom Classic users who can't answer your questions. You should contact Adobe directly. This forum is not the way to do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had a similar and yet still unbelievable exchange with a "support" person, who basically said that my perpetual license has expired, and that they don't support older version any more. I explained I was simply looking to obtain the latest version of my (admittedly quite old) product, and not actually need support. The support person simply kept repeating that I should upgrade and pay Adobe more money.

Let me be very clear: I will never give Adobe a single cent, ever again. I am now looking into Lightroom replacements, and I think I will need to wipe my Mac and reinstall it, just to be certain that all Adobe bloatware is gone, because *gasp* surprise, their "cleaner" tool found nothing to "clean" on my computer, despite the fact that there is dozens of little apps and agents running all the time.

Good riddence.

P.S the support guy kept trying to make me go to these forums for answers. Lol, I hope others see this and save themselves the frustration of trying to get what they'd paid for. Buyer beware - Adobe is a user-hostile company and should be avoided at all costs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 25, 2021 Dec 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the situation as we (other users like you- in this forum) know about v5.xx

-Adobe does not support v5 (Perpetual) in any way.

-Download (inc. upgrade to v5.7) is only avbailable from a trusted Third-party 'ProDesgnTools'

https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html

-v5.xx will install in Windows-10.

-You would need the v5 Registration Serial Number.

-You do not need to install the Creative Cloud Desktop App (or any Cloud apps) to install v5.xx

-Save a copy of the .exe. install file after you download.

I think you have had a fairly good run of v5 since it was released in 2013 (8 years?) Don't you think it is about time to reward Adobe for their intellectual property with an upgrade to Version-11  (by subscription).

You "paid for" a licence to use their software (for 8 years!), it does not mean you have the software forever.

Many (millions?) of happy users have no "frustration" using Adobe Apps that are frequently upgraded for a meagre cost of subscribing.

$9.99 PHOTOGRAPHY PLAN (USA)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 26, 2021 Dec 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Adding: Adobe has not taken away your license. You still own that license, regardless of what you said above.

However, Adobe does not sell products that have perpetual support, so your license does not include perpetual support. Furthermore, the license you purchased from Adobe does not include the ability to dowload installation indefinitely into the future (which is the policy of other companies as well). It is up to you to maintain the installation files in case you need to re-install the software again.

ADVICE: make a copy of the download installation file, and keep it where you can find it and use it again if you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines