Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HP Graphics Driver can't be updated

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I have a HP Laptop running the latest version of Lightroom 12.2.1. It has been giving the following warning for some time about graphics drivers. I was told by my local IT support that HP releases custom drivers and I have the latest they have released. 

Tara29424702css8_0-1681613659683.png

I was continuing to run with this, persisting with slow and unstable editing at times. However, further odd things have progressed in the last 24 hours, in this order: 

1. Was unable to drag and drop into collections - I can technically move them, but the collections have a grey "no" symbol (circle with slash) when I try to drop the files in

2. Auto button was greyed out in the Tone panel 

3. Develop module popup "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged"

I've searched through troubleshooting posts and can't find anything that resolves these issues so I'm left to believe its to do with the HP driver being out of date. I'm now not able to edit my photos at all and also can't update the driver. 

Has anyone else had this problem and resolved it? I can't be the only HP user facing this problem. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was told by my local IT support that HP releases custom drivers and I have the latest they have released. 

But clearly there is a later driver, the message gives you the driver version number of a later driver version. This later driver comes from Intel and not HP.

1. Was unable to drag and drop into collections - I can technically move them, but the collections have a grey "no" symbol (circle with slash) when I try to drop the files in

2. Auto button was greyed out in the Tone panel

3. Develop module popup "The file appears to be unsupported or damaged"

#1 is very unlikely to be driver related, it is often a user error, where you drag from the gray rectangle surrounding the thumbnail. You have to start the drag with the mouse pointing at the thumbnail itself.

For #2, I would try resetting preferences

#3 is not a driver issue, it is a corrupted or unsupported file, something completely unrelated to driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, clearly this is a later driver, however I can't install it on my HP. I'm not technical, hence why I consulted my preferred IT support consultants, they advised HP uses their own drivers and haven't released a new one since 2016. I think I will check back in with them as this topic is obviously too intricate for a support forum. 

It also seems that the issue with not being able to drag and drop has been around for a while. Whether this is a bug or some other confusion that LR is having, I'm not sure, but I will investigate further based on some of the suggestions in this topic. https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/images-grayed-out-can-not-import/m-p/44...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try to download and use the latest driver from here?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/products/86210/graphics/intel-hd-graphics-family/int...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition: Do you have an additional GPU in your notebook or the Intel HD only? It is very old and slow.

If you have an additional GPU (as my HP has for instance) you may want to turn the Intel GPU off in the control panel ... just an idea.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines