• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've messed up and need to start Lightroom Classic on another computer

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new toLightroom Classic  which is on my MacBookPro.  I have got in such a muddle with not all of my photos of a specific trip being on there,

too many duplicates and not having Collections sorted properly.  The only way I can see through this mess and get my book of phtos printed is.

1. I have all of the photos on my Mac Desktop, I can disconnect the two computers I THINK so they dont communicate with each other.

2.  On the desktop, photos I sort out only the photos I want in the book. Put them in the order they need to be for the book and put them in a folder.

3. Put these  100 photos in the folder onto  my desktop .

4. Download Lightroom Classic onto the desktop . Will this then have nothing in it?????

5. Put the folder into LrC and work on the photos there.   Then either print them with Blurb or put them back in Photos. Will this work?

I am at the end of my tether.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try and provide some helpful answers-

1. I have all of the photos on my Mac Desktop, I can disconnect the two computers I THINK so they dont communicate with each other.

Lightroom-Classic never syncs with another Lightroom-Classic on two computers.

2. On the desktop, photos I sort out only the photos I want in the book. Put them in the order they need to be for the book and put them in a folder.

Do this in the Catalog! You can sort in the LrC Collection.

3. Put these 100 photos in the folder onto my desktop .

I thought you said "I have all the photos on my Mac Desktop"!!

4. Download Lightroom Classic onto the desktop . Will this then have nothing in it?????

You will need the CC Desktop App signed-in to install Lr-Classic, and yes if you open LrC without a Catalog it WILL start a new empty catalog.

5. Put the folder into LrC and work on the photos there. Then either print them with Blurb or put them back in Photos. Will this work?

You don't "put a folder" you IMPORT the photos so they are referenced in the Catalog.

Then you will create a standard Collection to assemble the photos you want in the Book.

In the Collection you can arrange them in any Custom Sort Order you want.

Then select the photos and open the Book Module to design the book.

"put them back in Photos."- If you mean the Apple "Photos" App- then NO. The Photos App locks files away in a library that is not accessible to Lr-Classic- See this link for an explanation-

PHOTOS APP LOCKS IMAGE FILES- Best Explanation

In the 'end' I have to ask- Why do you think you cannot design the book on the MacBook Pro? It might save a 'ton' of problems if you could just fix some basic problems on the MDPro. What are those problems??

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've messed up and need to start Lightroom Classic on another computer

Not the solution. And a waste of time.

On the desktop, photos I sort out only the photos I want in the book. Put them in the order they need to be for the book and put them in a folder.

Create a new collection in Lightroom Classic (or fix the existing collection) and then, inside that collection, put the photos in the desired order. DO NOT try to do this in your operating system. DO NOT try to do this in a folder. DO NOT try to do this on another computer. Just do it in Lightroom Classic so that the desired photos are in one collection, and in the desired order.

Please take some time and review the free e-book for Lightroom Classic beginners at lightroomqueen.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines