• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image Blurry in Library but sharp in Develop (both at 1:1)

New Here ,
Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen similar posts but no firm answer / solution.  I have rebuilt the 1:1 preview in Library already.  Attached is a screen shot clearly showing the difference in image quality between Library and Develop at 1:1.

Version:  2015.12 [1125239]

Windows 10.0 version 10.0

Screen: 3840x2160

Has anyone found a solution - or root cause of the problem?

Blurry Library.png

Blurry Library closeup.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Sep 10, 2017 Sep 10, 2017

1`. Do you have a smart preview for that photo?  Try deleting it: Select the photo and do Library > Previews > Discard Smart Previews.

2. Try deleting the entire preview cache: Optimize Lightroom performance . (See the section Delete The Lightroom Previews Cache.) This could be moderately painful, since previews (thumbnails) will have to be rebuilt for your entire catalog.  Be very careful to follow the directions carefully, since you don't want to delete your catalog, which is in the same folder

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This infrequently happens to me, and when it does, the following works for me: In Library, go to Loupe view, then click in the image to zoom to 1:1, wait for the 1:1 image to finish loading, then click again to zoom back to Fit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - no change in the image though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1`. Do you have a smart preview for that photo?  Try deleting it: Select the photo and do Library > Previews > Discard Smart Previews.

2. Try deleting the entire preview cache: Optimize Lightroom performance . (See the section Delete The Lightroom Previews Cache.) This could be moderately painful, since previews (thumbnails) will have to be rebuilt for your entire catalog.  Be very careful to follow the directions carefully, since you don't want to delete your catalog, which is in the same folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Step one seemed to take care of the issue.  Both Library and Develop are showing full resolution now.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2023 Dec 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same issue. I tried optimizing the cache and all that. Didn't work.

What I did was minimized the size of the thumbnails along the scrollbar in Dev mode. The image became sharper. Not sure how or why but it worked and I just need to get some work done. Might try to figure something else out later.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines