• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import collapses main drive folder within Folders pane

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2023 Jan 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, latetely I have encountered a problem that's driving me nuts. Whenever I import a new photo, lightroom automatically collapses the "drive folder" (see screenshot for what I mean) within the Folders pane. So after import, if I want to switch to any particular folder, I need to manually expand it.

Any ideas what might be the cause?

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been happening to me too off and on. Not only when importing but also when creating new folders by right-clicking a folder in lightroom and using the create new folder command. It's very annoying. 

This isn't a fix but something that will help make things easier is to right click on one of the photos you can still see in the grid view, right click on it and select "Go to folder in library" it will bring you to where you want to be. Still annoying but better than scrolling down a long list.

Hope this gets fixed as it's very annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it still do it in LrC 12.2?

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded after you posted this. After the upgrade it was working fine but it didn't happen very day and I seem to remember it was going on for a long time. Was there a specific fix for this in 12.2? Will try to remember to  update if it happens again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check this Adobe page for a list of fixes. Each time there is an update, they list the fixed issues.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does it in 12.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2023 Feb 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your LrC Preferences>General Tab, is the option to "Select the Current/Previous Import collection during import" checked or not? If not, try checking it to see if that stops the parent folder collapse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2023 Feb 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had it set and unset and it happens with either setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It still does it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It which case, I suggest you try resetting the LrC preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

That often fixes strange behaviours in Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines