• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import command only works once

Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2019 Feb 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom CC 8.1 running on a Mac with Mojave 10.14.2  I can use the import command once while in Lightroom and all is fine.  If I try again, the import screen gets hidden by the sidebars and I can't control any of the import functions (like selecting which files I want).  I can quit Lightroom and reboot, but that is a pain.  Anyone else have this problem and possibly a fix?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot. Images work better than words by there shelf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshotScreen Shot 2019-02-17 at 7.53.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually just went back to Lightroom after taking the screenshot and tried to exit the import command and go back to some editing and found that I couldn't do that either.  I had to quit lightroom and restart to do anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First possibility, In preferences, in Performance, disable Use Graphics Processor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that seemed to work.  Will that affect the performance (like slow it down) of using Lightroom on my Mac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help.  That link answered a few questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, correction.  I just was working in Lightroom and tried importing files and got the exact same issue.  I thought I had tried it after disabling the graphics processor.  So the issue remains.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Feb 18, 2019 Feb 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Resetting the Preferences file often fixes strange bugs (and this certainly qualifies).

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/community/threads/resetting-the-lightroom-preferences-file-updated.25...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines