• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import issues 10 minutes for two images

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2022 Feb 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, not specifically the latest version of Lightroom Classic, but a fairly recent version the import has got riddiculous.

I am connecting the camera directly and importing from the camera via USB 3 like I always have, and I have tried this on a Sony A7iii and a newer A7IV. I have just imported two images, the first shows up in seconds, the second takes over 10 minutes to display and allow me to continue working.

This is not specific to these images, no matter how many I import, 2 or a 100 the last image always takes a very long time to import.

I have started copying the files from the camera to disk manually first and then importing to lightroomn as this is much quicker. This means it is a two stage process now where it used to be a click lightroom import and forget until it was finished.

This isn't a computer issue as it does the same on my main desktop pc and a smaller surface tablet I use.

Some acknowledgement from Adobe that this is a known issue would be useful, and an indication if you ar thinking of doing something about it.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Resetting the preferences didn't do much, although it helped a little.
In the end I went through all of the preferences and checked what had changed recently. It looks like a recent update had turned the performance, graphic processor setting to Auto, this one setting seems to have caused the problem with import.

So if anyone else is reading this, change from Auto to Off initially and see if it makes a difference, and if it does fine tune it with Custom

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out! We are sorry about the trouble with Lightroom. We are here to help!

Could you please share the specific version of Lightroom Classic along with the operating system on your computer?

What is the destination for import when using Copy, Copy As DNG, or Move? Where is your catalog stored? Is it on the internal drive or an external drive? When you import from the internal drive, are you using Add option during import, or are you using Copy, Copy As DNG or Move? Are you using any Import presets?

During import, the source of your images, the cameras, could have issues with reading files. Similarly, writing files to the destination could also have underlying issues. Please try to change the destination to an internal location.

Please let us know if this works!

Regards,

Sameer K.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been happening on several recent versions of Lightroom classic and I have recently updated to 11.2

I am using windows 10 Pro with all the available updates

As I said in my message if I copy the files directly, i.e. not via Lightroom there is no delay, that rules out issues with the camera cable or destination. I have tried two different cameras, two different cables and two different Windows PC's.

I m using the Copy option.

The catalog is stored on a local disk, the files are generally stored on a NAS drive, but the problem occurs when using a local hard disk as well.

If I import direct from the NAS after coying manually from the camera then there is no issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is there any follow up to this ? Have you managed to find an answer ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe your camera card has malfunctioned. That would explain the symptoms. Maybe your USB 3 cable has gone bad. That would explain the symptoms. Try a different camera card. Try different hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please read the original message, but to be clear, if I copy the files directly, i.e. not via Lightroom there is no delay, that rules out issues with the camera cable or destination.

I have tried two different cameras, two different cables and two different Windows PC's

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting your LrC Preferences file as outlined in the below article. Place a copy of the current Preferences file on your desktop so it can be easily restored if of no help.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resetting the preferences didn't do much, although it helped a little.
In the end I went through all of the preferences and checked what had changed recently. It looks like a recent update had turned the performance, graphic processor setting to Auto, this one setting seems to have caused the problem with import.

So if anyone else is reading this, change from Auto to Off initially and see if it makes a difference, and if it does fine tune it with Custom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies, that was my response, not sure how I was signed in as a different user

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines