• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import to NAS folder LrC on Windows

Participant ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images are now stored on my QNAP NAS. This all works fine on both Windows and MacOS and - catalogs are local on each system's internal SSD. But on Windows, I am not able to select a path to the NAS for new imports, only local drives. No problem doing so on the Mac Mini M1.

I am not mapping the NAS to a drive letter as that will lead to confusion with my backup software (I could reconfigure but no other reason to do this).

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of Lightroom are you using?

Are you doing a "copy" or "add" import?

I am willing to bet a donut that Winodws LrC wants a drive letter, not a UNC path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's my suspicion too. This is LrC10.4. I was doing a Copy.

The workaround is to use the + on Destination and then "Create New Folder...". That works fine if I want to create a folder and it lets me create it anywhere that Explorer can see, but not if I want to add more photos to an existing folder on my NAS. The workaround to that workaround is to create a scratch folder (anywhere) and then move it from the Library by dragging the photos around. Or copy from the memory card directly to the NAS folder and use Synchronize, but then it doesn't apply import actions.

For the Add function, clicking on the + on Source brings up "Add Network Folder..." (also usable on Copy), but I typically want to import from a memory card to a NAS folder, so that doesn't really help.

Next month I hope to shift over to a new Macbook Pro and the Mac version doesn't require workarounds. For now I still do much of my work on the PC.

**Mac Studio M2 Max** Sonoma (14.4), 32GB/1TB (system/catalog), Photos stored on QNAP all SSD volume connected via 10GbE
**Raw images** Sony A7R - A7RV, A7C (24 MPix), a6700, Sony NEX-7, various Canon DSLRs and G series
**Displays** 2x BenQ SW271C (4K, USB-C)
**Printer** Epson SureColor SC-P800

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines