Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

Import to NAS folder LrC on Windows

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2021 Oct 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My images are now stored on my QNAP NAS. This all works fine on both Windows and MacOS and - catalogs are local on each system's internal SSD. But on Windows, I am not able to select a path to the NAS for new imports, only local drives. No problem doing so on the Mac Mini M1.

I am not mapping the NAS to a drive letter as that will lead to confusion with my backup software (I could reconfigure but no other reason to do this).

Windows 10, ver 21H1 with all latest patches. Intel Core i7 (6700), 32GB, SSDs where it matters (system disk: Samsung 950 NVMe 512GB, photo storage: Samsung 860 EVO 2TB), nVidia 2060 Super, 8GB. Raw images are mostly from Sony A7Rii and A7riii (42 Mpix) and A7C.
Mac Mini M1 (2020) latest Big Sur, 8GB/256.
TOPICS
macOS, Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of Lightroom are you using?

Are you doing a "copy" or "add" import?

I am willing to bet a donut that Winodws LrC wants a drive letter, not a UNC path.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2021 Oct 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, that's my suspicion too. This is LrC10.4. I was doing a Copy.

The workaround is to use the + on Destination and then "Create New Folder...". That works fine if I want to create a folder and it lets me create it anywhere that Explorer can see, but not if I want to add more photos to an existing folder on my NAS. The workaround to that workaround is to create a scratch folder (anywhere) and then move it from the Library by dragging the photos around. Or copy from the memory card directly to the NAS folder and use Synchronize, but then it doesn't apply import actions.

For the Add function, clicking on the + on Source brings up "Add Network Folder..." (also usable on Copy), but I typically want to import from a memory card to a NAS folder, so that doesn't really help.

Next month I hope to shift over to a new Macbook Pro and the Mac version doesn't require workarounds. For now I still do much of my work on the PC.

Windows 10, ver 21H1 with all latest patches. Intel Core i7 (6700), 32GB, SSDs where it matters (system disk: Samsung 950 NVMe 512GB, photo storage: Samsung 860 EVO 2TB), nVidia 2060 Super, 8GB. Raw images are mostly from Sony A7Rii and A7riii (42 Mpix) and A7C.
Mac Mini M1 (2020) latest Big Sur, 8GB/256.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines