• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported User Presets not showing up in presets tab Lightroom 10.2 CameraRaw 13.2

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2021 Mar 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone, after reading virtually everything I could on the topic I still haven't got a solution for this. 
My User presets aren't showing up in the develop presets tab and when clicking import from there + sign or from File>Import Develop Presets it says presets already imported. 
The visibility from Preference is ticked, Store presets with this calatalogue is unticked, yet nothign changes. The presets are all .xpm files. 
I have checked and added them to folder CameraRaw/Settings. 
Interestingly, I can see them and apply them in Preferences>Presets>Raw defaults (see the screenshot) but this doesn't change anything to the usability in Develop panel. 
Any guesses how to fix this would be hugely apprecaited! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Hi Todd, I found the issue and actually am sorry for wasting your time. This was so obvious yet I found out only now. You are right, the presets are in develop, I just need to click the > to the left of User Presets for them to appear in a dropdown. I was clicking on the word "User Presets" and on the whole row previously but one needs to click only on the arrow for them to appear. Thanks a lot for your time and help on this 🙂 Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 09.58.33.pngScreenshot 2021-03-28 at 10.05.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They may be Camera Model specific. Where did you get them? If you can post one of them to Dropbox or other file sharing site I'll take a look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for having a look into it. A lot of these presets have been collected over the years from various different places but some have been developed by myself on my old laptop when I have been using the same camera as the one I have right now. Here is a link https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qdyqonxdJGbt6UvaCzRnq_lxZXGRh-C5?usp=sharing it contains presets created by myself and some downloaded frm various different places. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I down loaded the presets and placed them in  C:\Users\Todd\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings

They appear after closing and reopening LrC in a Presets folder named 'User Presets.' They are not camera restricted. Do you see a 'User Presets' folder a shown below?

User Presets.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I do see the folder User Presets in the preset tab but it is empty and nothing below it or when I click on it. I did check and the presets are in CameraRAW/Settings folder. I deleted them and added them again, relaunch Lightroom, no change. They still apepar though in Preferences>Presets>RawDefaults>Master>UserPresets and they can be seen there- the whole list but even if I select one preset from there it doesn't change anything in Develop module. 
Why would they be coming up only in RawDefaults Preferences? I am not familiar with this section of Lightroom, it seems to be about preferences for imprting Raw files. I even selected one preset from there and imported a Raw file and nothign changed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Creative Cloud app to uinstall LrC, restart yoru system, and then reinstall LrC 10.2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Todd, just did that, no change at all again.
Starting to loose hope, haha. Interestingly, I deleted the presets from CameraRAW/Settings and they are still appearing in Preferences>Presets>RawDefaults>Master>UserPresets for some reason, though still none accessible or usable in Develop module. I have by now put them in basically every presets folder location I could think of and nothing has worked out but the fact that they appear in RawDefaults preferences constantly is just baffling me.. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anytime you add or remove presets and make Preferences chnages LrC needs to be closed and then reopened for the changes to take effect.

Why they are showing in the 'Raw Defaults' selector and not in the Presets panel indicates they are being linked from another folder location. I suggest removing all instances of the missing presets from all folders by doing a File Explorer or Finder search using one of the missing presets name without the .XMP extension. For example Golden Hour. Once all are removed close and reopen LrC and then use the Preset panel Import Presets (+) to add them back. If still not appearing try resetting the LrC Preferences file.

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried a search on my system for a specific develop preset and found three instances. I suggest removing ALL of these files, close and reopen LrC and then use the Preset panel Import Presets (+) to add them back.

Develop Presets Folder Locations.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,  I just did all of the above, even updated my Macbook to the newest software, nothing changes. I deleted all presets from all folders, restarted preferences, restarted the laptop, relaunched Lightroom. And again when I import them, User Presets folder appears in the tab in Develop, they do appear in Preferences>RawDefaults but no presets can be seen or used in Develop. 
I noticed that by importing via the + and also via File>Import develop profiles and presets, the presets are oging to folder Imported Settings in CameraRaw, not Settings in CameraRaw. Then I decided to delete them again and manually add in folder Settings (where I ready they should be normally) and not Imported Settings as it was doing automatically. Again, no luck. I think this is an issue of User PResets visibility in Develop module, not the presets folder, the folder is okay and the User PResets can be see from RAWDefaults Presets Preferences. 
Can the catalogue have any effect on this? I think I have more than one catalogues on the laptop? Really loosing any hope here, do you know if there is a way for me to get in touch with Adobe? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a picture of the Presets panel. I'm guessing the presets are there, but in a different group. You can also try John Ellis' Fix Presets plugin, which allows reorganizing your presets, which may help reveal them.

https://johnrellis.com/lightroom/fixpresets.htm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd, I found the issue and actually am sorry for wasting your time. This was so obvious yet I found out only now. You are right, the presets are in develop, I just need to click the > to the left of User Presets for them to appear in a dropdown. I was clicking on the word "User Presets" and on the whole row previously but one needs to click only on the arrow for them to appear. Thanks a lot for your time and help on this 🙂 Screenshot 2021-03-28 at 09.58.33.pngScreenshot 2021-03-28 at 10.05.03.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LrC shares the same profiles as Camera Raw so they had to be there somewhere in the Presets panel. I've had my share of those DUH moments when forgetting how to use a tool. Glad you got it resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines