• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos from mirrorless camera using usb-c shows wrong dat 1970 for all pictures

Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ve been using lightroom for long time now and using the same method to download my photos.

recently i updated my iMac to ventura and when i started downloading photos from my camera 

it show that they are all in one folder with wrong date ( 1-1-1970  )

any other solution than Card readers

how to fix this ?

thank you

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact camera model?

There are known problems in Mac OS 13 importing from Nikons and some other cameras via a USB cable.  On some cameras, you can work around this by enabling mass-storage mode.  The other known workarounds are to use Mac's Image Capture to copy the photos to disk and then import to LR from there, or to use a card reader.  (In general, card readers are significantly faster than importing via cable.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CANON R5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the Canon R5 manual and it doesn't appear to support USB Mass Storage mode (accessing the camera's memory card like any USB drive via the USB cable).   Some googling indicates that Canon hasn't supported Mass Storage mode for a long time, if ever.

That's too bad, because that appears to be an easy workaround for the Mac OS 13/LR problem.  

So you'll have to use a card reader, Mac's Image Capture, or the Canon EOS Utility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 19, 2022 Dec 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No i have been using usb-c cable and it was working well until i updated my imac

usb-c cable came with the R5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines