• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Improving Utility of Watermark

Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I frequently use Lightroom Classic's Watermark feature to insert text into a greeting card template.  Sometimes after creating a watermark and giving it just the right name so I can find it again, I find I want to adjust it, change the text color, font or size and then have to give it a different name.  After a while, near-duplicate names clog the Watermark listing (I know where to find them, but it's pretty buried in menus).  It would be infinitely easier if you were given the choice (like you are in many other scenarios) to select, "This Watermark already exists, would you like to over-write it?"  That would make life much easier, as would the ability to delete Watermarks with a right click from the watermark listings.  I know that this is a rather unusual use of Watermarks, but I can't be the only one using RedRiverPaper's greeting card templates!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 18, 2023 Jan 18, 2023

"This Watermark already exists, would you like to over-write it?"

You can! It's called "Update"-

If you choose a watermark in the Name field-

2023-01-19 08_12_33-Window.jpg

And you edit it in the Watermark Editor- the Name will now appear as Name-(Edited)

2023-01-19 08_12_52-Window.jpg

Now you have the option to 'Update' the watermark in the Name field Drop-down menu without creating new versions-

2023-01-19 08_13_05-Window.jpg

And it remains with the same 'original' name with the changes made.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moderators, @Rikk Flohr: Photography, please move to Ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"This Watermark already exists, would you like to over-write it?"

You can! It's called "Update"-

If you choose a watermark in the Name field-

2023-01-19 08_12_33-Window.jpg

And you edit it in the Watermark Editor- the Name will now appear as Name-(Edited)

2023-01-19 08_12_52-Window.jpg

Now you have the option to 'Update' the watermark in the Name field Drop-down menu without creating new versions-

2023-01-19 08_13_05-Window.jpg

And it remains with the same 'original' name with the changes made.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks SO much...after doing this, I realized I remembered this from way back...but I had forgotten about the options presented in that top drop-down menu!  You're a prince!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines