• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integration with Dxo PureRaw 2

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the new DxO plug in is great, with one exception. The processed photo is placed in it's own "DxO" collection by LR, rather than adjacent the original in the original collection. I contacted DxO and they say this aspect of the process occure within LR and that they have no access to that.  Wondering if anyone has a fix/workaround etc to be able to do this, namely: select a photo in an existing collection, send it to DxO with the plugin, and have the processed land right next to original one in the same collection.  

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved this post from Lightroom ecosystem to Lightroom Classic, where it clearly belongs.

I'm surprised that DxO says that this is out of their hands. What you want to happen is what happens with all plugins, so I would say the DxO plugin behaves differently and DxO needs to fix that.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too would like to correct the way Lightroom Classic handles the DXO PureRaw 2 Import Plug-in.  Mine is taking the PureRaw processed file and adding it to a Collections then opening a new window of the Collections folder thus causing a me to search my Library for the original folder and the original Raw file.  

Have you tried Adobe support?  DXO claims other users have been successful with Adobe Support but did not explain what the solution(s) were/are.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When processing files with DXO PureRaw 2, Lightroom Classis 11.4.1 will send the processed file to a "Collections" folder and a DXO folder in the original folder.  But when the file is imported into the "Collections" folder the window will leave the original folder and open the "Collections" folder.  This is not the way the "plug-in" was designed according to DXO.  Can anyone suggest a fix?  I do not want the file sent to a Collections".

Thanks,

KIm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first part is how it's working for me on Mac (new DXO folder within the original folder).

After processing, IF using the defaults seen below, I have to sync the original folder for the newer DXO folder to appear and it does with (in this test) the one image. Anyway, I can't see how the behavior cannot be totally up to the plug-in no matter how they describe it should work.

A collection is produced by the software, I know of no way to alter that, but you really need to contact DXO as there is no reason it has to do this.

Save.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did contact DXO before I posted here, which was their solution to the problem.  Good old pass the buck!

I came up with a work around.  I disabled the DXO PureRaw 2 import plug-in.  So the processed file is sent to the DXO folder in the original file folder.  I then sync the folder and the new image is listed in the Lightroom Classic import window and I import it there.  Sound familar?  The time taken is less then waiting for the DXO import plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@TheDigitalDog wrote:

The first part is how it's working for me on Mac (new DXO folder within the original folder).

After processing, IF using the defaults seen below, I have to sync the original folder for the newer DXO folder to appear and it does with (in this test) the one image. Anyway, I can't see how the behavior cannot be totally up to the plug-in no matter how they describe it should work.

A collection is produced by the software, I know of no way to alter that, but you really need to contact DXO as there is no reason it has to do this.

Save.jpg

It's funny that DxO has the nerve to blame Adobe, while this screenshot clearly shows that they force you to choose a destination folder rather than that they simply place the image in the original folder (or at least make that the third option)! The OP was talking about 'collections' however, so I am not sure if that is an extra complication or just the OP not using the correct terminology.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all the DXO plug-in does import the file to a Collections titled DXO.  Secondly, the file is also imported to the Original folder and put into a DXO folder.  However, Lightroom Classic ignores this file and instead opens the Collections file in a new window.  Here in lies the probably or at least one of them.  FYI the OP, me, has been using Lightroom from Version 1.0. No newbie.

After contacting DXO this was their response;

Thank you for writing. We have seen a few reports like yours on how files processed in DxO PureRAW are imported into the Adobe Lightroom database. This does not happen on all systems, but some specific systems are affected this way. First, there is no code for setting in PureRAW that would cause Lightroom to place its processed photos into a collection. This is entirely controlled by Lightroom. For these instances, we have been advising the affected customers to please contact Adobe support directly to find out how to change this import behavior. We cannot control it from our program. Under normal circumstances, the processed file is displayed with the original file in the Lightroom database.
Thank you for writing. We have seen a few reports like yours on how files processed in DxO PureRAW are imported into the Adobe Lightroom database. This does not happen on all systems, but some specific systems are affected this way. First, there is no code for setting in PureRAW that would cause Lightroom to place its processed photos into a collection. This is entirely controlled by Lightroom. For these instances, we have been advising the affected customers to please contact Adobe support directly to find out how to change this import behavior. We cannot control it from our program. Under normal circumstances, the processed file is displayed with the original file in the Lightroom database.

DXO reponse.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the repeated DXO response.  I didn't realize the post had accepted my copy and paste.

Kim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 23, 2022 Jul 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, there is no code for setting in PureRAW that would cause Lightroom to place its processed photos into a collection. This is entirely controlled by Lightroom.

This statement by DxO is definitely nonsense. PhotoLab shows the same behavior; imported files are being imported under a collection set "DxO PhotoLab", with an individual collection for every export to DXO / import to LR.

Unlike PureRaw, PhotoLab comes with uncompiled Lua code for the export/import plugins, so you can easily spot

function(context)
    dxoCollection = catalog:createCollectionSet("DxO PhotoLab", nil, true)
end

I didn't like this from the beginning, so I removed this part, along with some other "enhancements" like 

- stacking the processed image "above" the source image (and not vice-versa)

adding the processed image also to the LR collection from which DxO PL had been called (if so)

Unfortunately, with compiled Lua code it's impossible to share how to carry-over these tweaks to PureRAW.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm hoping that for future PL releases DxO will at least not change any interfaces, so I can continue to use my patched plugin 😊

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... This is not the way the "plug-in" was designed according to DXO.  Can anyone suggest a fix?  I do not want the file sent to a Collections".

Thanks,

KIm

By @KBStudiosInc

DxO had designed this way in plug-in. This is the same way as in the Photolab plug-in.

You have to contact DxO and generate a feature request. Only DxO can change this.  

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks to all for replies.  DxO is falling down big time here.  Makes no sense at all.....the natural option would be to have the original and processed next to each other. At a minimum it's crazy not to have that option. This seems like a marketing gimic to have a DxO collection .......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those interested in a workaround which will save about a 1.5 minutes per image;

DXO PureRaw and LRC work around

I turned off the DXO PureRaw 2 Import Plug-in.  Then I go through the normal RAW file selection and DXO PureRaw 2 processing.  When the processing progress window opens I immediately select the “Open destination folder” (so that can see when the file is loaded into the folder).  Next I go to Lightroom Classic Library module, select the DXO folder created and then select the “Sync folder” and wait for the file to show up in the “Destination folder window”.  When it does I click the Sync Folder in Lightroom Classic and the file is immediately selected and the Import window shows it as being ready to Import.  I import the file and Lightroom updates the Catalog.  All of this takes about 10-15 seconds after the processed file shows up in the Destination folder.  This manual process saves me almost a minute and a half of waiting for Lightroom Classic to import and update the catalog. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This manual process saves me almost a minute and a half of waiting for Lightroom Classic to import and update the catalog. 

It's a shame that DxO obviously has not reused in PureRAW what Photolab is doing. After processing has finished in PL, I can immediately see the processed file in Lightroom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not use Photolab so I am not familar with how it handles processed files.  I just know that what is going on with PureRaw 2 is really clunky and time wasting.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... After processing has finished in PL, I can immediately see the processed file in Lightroom. 

By @Karsten.G

That's right, but...

The edited photo imported in Lightroom in a seperate collection and not to the collection where the original photo  is included and it will not stacked.

It will be several manual steps to move the photo (from PL) to the appropriate collection and stacking.

The handling with PhotoLab is as far as I know the same as in PureRAW.

If you have a nother workflow it would be nice if you describe it here.   

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I was not aware that you included the time to perform moving and stacking actions in the 1.5min/image. 

As for my optimized workflow:

PhotoLab comes with its LR import plugin in (Lua) source format, so I was able to tweak the code to

1. not create and maintain the unwanted "DxO" collection set
2. stack the processed image "above" the source image (and not vice-versa) in the catalog
3. add the processed image also to the LR collection from which DxO PL had been called (if so)

LR SDK doesn't support stacking in collections, otherwise I would have added this too.

So basically, the plugin does (almost) all the work that you otherwise would need to do manually.

Unfortunately, the PureRAW plugin is compiled Lua, which makes it impossible to carry-over my tweaks from PhotoLab. I made a few quick attempts to check whether PR can work with a modified version of PL plugin; while this does not seem to be a futile undertaking, it requires more time and effort that I'm not willing to spend.

If someone wants to dig into this, I am happy to share the changes I did to the PL plugin (just 15 lines of code added, 1 changed).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a few months down the road.  I run stuff through DXO PureRAW right after import, before I put anything in collections.  Rather than a DXO folder inside the current folder I just save it right back to the original folder and it automatically shows up in LR right next to the original raw file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

But you have to keep changing the setting every time instead of just saying "current folder".

I paid for v1 but dumped PhotoRAW because IMHO its a hot mess. This and the oversharpening problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines