• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to download all of the preview files synced to LR Mobile at once?

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've lost my catalog and raws due to a hard drive crash, but I still have a lot collections synced to LR Mobile.  I know these are only the 2mp preview jpegs, but I'd still like to have them, as they are the only copies left of some of these photos.  I can access them through my phone or lightroom.adobe.com, and I can even download them individually, but I'd like to find a way to download all of that at once, as there are ~40,000 of them.

I'm afraid when I start a new Lightroom catalog on my desktop that I'll lose all of those synced collections.  Will those synced collections automatically import themselves in to my new catalog?  Or will they just be deleted?

Thanks for any help here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Yes. There was a "Sync Catalog Recovery" feature added in LR6.8, for exactly this kind of scenario. Basically you create a new catalog, and in the Activity Centre (click in the Identity Plate area to reveal the Activity Centre) click on Start against the "Sync with LR mobile" option. You should then get an information message asking if you want to switch sync to this catalog in place of the old one, and telling you that if you proceed all existing synced images will be added to this new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2017 Feb 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rockstarpat,

Unfortunately, this is not possible via Lightroom mobile or web. You have to select images one by one and save it to phone gallery.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. There was a "Sync Catalog Recovery" feature added in LR6.8, for exactly this kind of scenario. Basically you create a new catalog, and in the Activity Centre (click in the Identity Plate area to reveal the Activity Centre) click on Start against the "Sync with LR mobile" option. You should then get an information message asking if you want to switch sync to this catalog in place of the old one, and telling you that if you proceed all existing synced images will be added to this new catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 27, 2017 Feb 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jim!

Thank you for the response, I appreciate the support.  You just saved me from having to click on 40,000 photos.

Pat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines