• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is my graphics card being used?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed a graphics card to speed up processing.  Looks like it is being used for display but not for image processing (greyed out).  I am using process version 5.  Anyone know what's going on?GC.jpg

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe recommend a GPU "Benchmark" of 2000 or higher. https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/lightroom-gpu-faq.html#gpu-for-display

The GT 710 is benchmarked at 594.   https://www.videocardbenchmark.net/directCompute.html

Maybe Lr-Classic does not consider it up to the task!

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

Rob has the adobe link you should check out for compatibility for your card. Additionally, not all 700 series cards support directx12 which is a requirement for the latest versions of lightroom classic.

I don't think there is much you can do but it's at least supporting the display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A couple of things

1. Looks like you may have been trying to force use graphics processor via selecting custom. That is problematic. What happens if set to Automatic?

2. The dialog states basic acceleration is enabled. That means you are not getting much if any benefit.

3. I see your GPU driver is version 456.71. This on a GT 710. Per NVIDIA website, v472.98 is available (and just the Game Ready, no Studio driver)  . Updating that might improve things. Select  custom install type when updating as to force a clean install.

4. I see you have 2GB of VRAM, that does meat minimum requirements to use GPU, do Ok, but if you ever replace the GPU, go for more VRAM.

5. NVIDIA GPU's 800 series and older often run into problems if use GPU is turned on in LrC, I have no actual proof of that, you just have to test

6. In the newer NVIDIA GeForce Experience app. The app you use to check for and update the driver, a section exists allowing you to tune the GPU driver settings for optimal use in LrC. I have no idea if that apply's to the 700. Check that out. How that LrC preference setting reacts as to GPU Automatic can change with different settings in the GPU controll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also:

Please post your System Information as Lightroom Classic (LrC) reports it. In LrC click on Help, then System Info, then Copy. Paste that information into a reply. Please present all information from first line down to and including Plug-in Info. Info after Plug-in info can be cut as that is just so much dead space to us non-Techs.

intetested in what is stated for GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Updated the driver - no difference.  Here is system info:

Lightroom Classic version: 11.2 [ 202201281441-a5b5f472 ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en
Operating system: Windows 10 - Home Premium Edition
Version: 10.0.19043
Application architecture: x64
System architecture: x64
Logical processor count: 4
Processor speed: 2.7GHz
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 24532.6 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 24532.6 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 2578.7 MB (10.5%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 3086.9 MB
GDI objects count: 1008
USER objects count: 2744
Process handles count: 2008
Memory cache size: 43.3MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 14.2 [ 1028 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 3
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2,AVX,AVX2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 875MB / 12266MB (7%)
Camera Raw real memory: 943MB / 24532MB (3%)
System DPI setting: 96 DPI
Desktop composition enabled: Yes
Displays: 1) 1920x1080
Input types: Multitouch: No, Integrated touch: No, Integrated pen: No, External touch: No, External pen: No, Keyboard: No

Graphics Processor Info:
DirectX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 (30.0.14.7298)

Application folder: E:\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic
Library Path: E:\Photos\Lightroom\Lightroom Catalog-2-3-v10-v11.lrcat
Settings Folder: C:\Users\Spencer's\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Lightroom

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Facebook
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin
5) ON1 Photo RAW 2018
6) ON1 Resize 2018

Config.lua flags: None

Adapter #1: Vendor : 10de
Device : 128b
Subsystem : 375a1458
Revision : a1
Video Memory : 2007
Adapter #2: Vendor : 1414
Device : 8c
Subsystem : 0
Revision : 0
Video Memory : 0
AudioDeviceIOBlockSize: 1024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines