• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ISSUE with GPU Accel, become unusable

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2023 Jan 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I encounter this problem with Lightroom Classic (in the develop module) and Photoshop, only when GPU Acceleration is activated.

All the tools are very slow, barely responding. Zooming from Fix to 100% to anything doesn't work (shows in the Navigator only). This until I hover my cursor outside of Lightroom window (Maximized: in the taskbar, windowed: anywhere outside of Lightroom).

Even when closing the Back Up Dialog won't pop up until I hover my cursor outside.
I used to have this problem a few weeks in the beginning of last year, eventually fixed itself.

I've tried many things and the only way it work as "intended" is by setting my display at 30hz.
Usually use it at 60hz, I also play game with this computer with no issues.

System Specs: 

Lightroom Classic 12.1
Photoshop 24.1.1

Windows 11 Home 22H2
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1080 - 8Gb

12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700K 3.60 GHz

RAM 64 GB

Monitor (3840x2160) scaled at 150%

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please provide information about your nVidia driver including version number and whether you are using the Studio or Game Ready version of the driver.

Generally, you do not want to use Game Ready driver versions and you want to use the absolute latest version of the driver supplied by nVidia. 

The symptoms you describe are fairly indicative of a driver issue. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the Studio Drivers 528.24 - Release date: 01/23/2023
I used to have the Game Ready drivers but did a full reinstall to try to correct the situation. Also tried a 6 month old driver clean install, without success correcting my issue.

My first guess would also be a driver issue, perhaps a lack of support for older card in a relatively new system.
May I also add that the menus flickers a lot when using the GPU acceleration (both in lightroom and photoshop).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May I also add that the menus flickers a lot when using the GPU acceleration (both in lightroom and photoshop).

• Check the cable between GPU and Monitor, is it solid, or loose
  • If a desktop, open up and check for dust bunny's, including around GPU
  • If a desktop, and that GPU being a card, is the card secure, not loos?
  • If a Desktop with card, does that GPU have 5v power cable(s), did they come loose?
  • If a laptop, any dust in the way of vents?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Issue solved, only thing I did is to change my graphic card. Drivers issues or maybe dying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines