• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

JPG and RAW images not working together on Import/View

Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2 different camera systems, one Nikon, one Olympus. LRC is, in some cases, not seeing that the JPGs and RAWs are the same files - and is importing them as separate files despite the Preference tick box indicating that an indentical JPG should be treated as it's part of the RAW file - as such, if I have 50 RAW images and 50 JPGs (that were derived from the RAWs), LRC is importing 100 images and keeping them as separate files instead of just 50 RAW files in LRC. 

This is happening w/ both camera systems - and the PREFERENCE tick box about this issue does not appear to help.

Using LRC 11.3.1 and ACR 14.3

iMacPro under OS Monteray 12.3.1

Any suggestions on how to marry the JPGs back together w/ the RAWs would be helpful!

Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

If that helped for new imports, then using 'Synchronize Folder' should marry these couples back as sidecars.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a thought, you stated " in some cases, not seeing that the JPGs and RAWs are the same files - and is importing them as separate files".

I you have selected  to save raw and  jpeg  images in your camera then there are two images one raw and one jpeg.

You also indicate that you selected an option in LrC prefrences to treat raw and jpeg, I am not aware of that option. There is an option that you can select "Treat jpeg files next to raw files as separate photos ".

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you actually shooting raw+jpeg in camera or are you using the camera to create edited jpegs? In the latter case, Lightroom Classic import might not detect they are the same file as they will have a different creation date.

If they were shot raw+jpeg try resetting preferences indeed. For already imported images, use the auto-stack function with a zero time difference to automatically stack the raws+jpegs together. 

Edit: forgot about the synchronize folder trick that Johan documents above. That will work too but will lose access to the jpegs as they will only be used as sidecars from then on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines