Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keywords embedded in Jpeg and SEO

New Here ,
Feb 19, 2021 Feb 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am currently organizing my portfolio for my website and adding keywords to Lightroom Classic. I would like to embed those keywords to the metadata of the Jpeg file during the export process. My question is if I do this will those embedded keywords be recognized in a google search? I've searched this topic and can't find a clear answer to this question that is current. It would be great to know this before I go through the tedious process of renaming each file with those same keywords.

Thank you!   

Tomas

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tomas-

While you wait upon directed answer to your query, here's a ultra-quick way to add keywords to your lightroom catalog files.

In Library, find PaintCan. Select Keywords. In dialog box, paste in from your word processor all the relevant keywords you want for that specfic file set in the Library mode.

Screen Shot 2021-02-19 at 11.34.45 AM.pngCheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Todd,

I came across this in my previous search and just reread it. Looks like the last time it was updated was in 2017.  According to this article, the ebedded metadata in XMP format would not be searchable on major search engines. I'm hoping that this has changed in the last few years, but if I don't hear any different, I'll have to assume that the answer to my question is still no. 

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"According to this article, the ebedded metadata in XMP format would not be searchable on major search engines."

I'm not sure how useful it would be anyhow since a Goggle Image search on a few keywords will probably pullup thousands of matches. Perhaps I don't fully understanad what you're trying to accomplish.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm just trying to boost my web presence. Right now I have none and I'm trying out different things. With SEO, advice I got was to rename all the files of images on my website with keywords that would maximize my "searchability". If I choose the right keywords then maybe I'll show up in a google search. For instance, if one of my keywords is a venue that I've worked at, then maybe one of my images shows up in a search for that venue. I already add keywords in LR so that is fairly easy and quick for me. Renaming files to include these keywords would take much longer so I was just seeing if I could save a step:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Feb 20, 2021 Feb 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My question is if I do this will those embedded keywords be recognized in a google search?

I'd recommend contacting the ISP that hosts your web site and asked them about how to best expose images. For example, there is likely a behavior difference between the image being on it's own page versus in a page with other images. I would expect that during the import process, the keywords would have to be copied from the metadata into a web page structure that the SEO would read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Renaming files to include these keywords would take much longer so I was just seeing if I could save a step:)"

You can easily rename the files in the LrC Export module so that it includes the keywords. In the Export module File Naming panel select 'Edit' in the dropdown selector. and choose Keywords and Filename or whatever fields you want to add. The keywords are separated with a comma and space.

Rename With Keywords.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google's crawler indexes exif metadata in jpeg files: https://support.google.com/gsa/answer/6329277?hl=en so yeah it will index Lightroom exported keywords in jpeg files hosted on a webserver as long as the file is referenced from a webpage that the crawler indexes. This will make your images show up in a google image search indeed based on the keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  1. How to understand what the best Keywords for the SEO of my website are? I will use the services of https://www.searchseo.io/traffic-bot/automated-traffic-bot to apply SEO strategies to my website. I need to give them the keywords I desire, but I am not sure which will suit my website. Keywords are words and phrases that describe what your content is about. Then Google uses that information to determine which content is relevant to a particular search query and how the page should rank in searches for a particular term. That's what gives a web page its search ranking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines