• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Latest Nvidia Driver broke GPU Acceleration?

New Here ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So i've been using Lightroom Classic CC for a while, here is my current set up

Intel Core i5-3230M

8GB of DDR3 RAM

Nvidia GT635M

Windows 10 Falls Creator Update (latest)

as you can see above, im using a notebook. i've been experiencing problems (startup crashes) since updating to the newest nvidia driver (stable). currently i use 385.69, the last stable one to work with Lightroom, i've tried every one of them (up until 388.59 by the time i wrote this) and none of them works, Lightroom boots, then crashes (i've set Develop as a default start). the only solution was to: 1) either downgrade to 385.69, or 2) disable GPU Acceleration. obviously i won't disable GPU Acceleration, since the difference between both of them is quite significant. Lately i've been noticing a slight degradation of performance, i thought it was ok, and suddenly yesterday Lightroom crashed, and broke one of my photo (i don't know how to type this, but Lightroom just gave me an exclamation mark, and when i press it, it says "You can not make furthere adjustments in this file"). earlier today, Lightroom made the display driver crashed, and i have to force restart my machine in order to access it again (the monitor fully got turned off, which is weird).

So, i want to know if there are any solutions whether it's changing to a beta driver, or applying a certain settings to Lightroom or the nvidia control panel.

Thanks in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the option to use the GPU on the performance tab of the LR Preferences.

If LR won't start so you can do that then do it from out side LR by following this article.

Turning off Lightroom’s GPU preferences even when crashing on startup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2017 Dec 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm currently using Lr with disabled GPU acceleration. Otherwise i wont be able to get into the develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try rolling back the video driver to an earlier version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to remember NVidia saying that rollback does not properly reinstall all of the NVidia stuff. They said to reinstall the previous driver in the normal way, preferably using the clean install checkbox.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a habit of clean installing my graphics driver everytime there is an update, but this time i made sure everything was cleaned off by clean uninstall, then reinstall the driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm currently on driver 385.69, the last one to work with GPU Accel for a few months. But it's been crashing my Lr for a few days

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi there!

please download the latest nvidia driver from the following page:Download Drivers | NVIDIA

After downloading the latest driver, run the installer then during the install process:

Select Custom Install, then Perform Clean Install (its a check-box).

let me know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines