Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighroom without the cloud solution.

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have for some time been looking for a single end end user licens for Lightroom classic.

I do not need photoshop or the cloud solution and love to have my laptop/Pc offline, when I work with Lightroom.

I have used a lot of time trying to find it, but always end up with the cloud solution.

Does anybody know where to go to get this one?

Is it not possible to buy an installation, like the old times anymore?

Regards and thanks in advance.

Kurt Jensen.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Hi Kurt

Adobe no longer sells Lightroom 6 which was the last perpetual licence. I think even on-line stores like Amazon no longer have the boxed version with discs. I would avoid auction sites which are prone to piracy scams.

You can pay a subscription for one year up-front if you prefer not having to make payments each month.

99jon tech: Compare Adobe Photography Plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt,

You can use Lightroom Classic an application without working or dealing with the cloud. Lightroom uploads images to cloud only if they are set to sync, you may pause the sync and keep using the catalog based application where you import, edit and export images locally.

Over the time we have evolved Lightroom for all type of users where they can choose to sync or not keep their images on cloud.

Also, you can use any of the Adobe apps in offline mode with a valid software license. The apps attempt to validate your software license every 30 days as you receive a reminder to reconnect to the Internet to validate your license.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Askam

Thansk a lot.

Then I just downloade the program ad deside how to handle.

But how about payment.

Is it still monthly payments or is it posible to buy a licens and pay a one time fee?

Regards

Kurt Jensen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kurt

Adobe no longer sells Lightroom 6 which was the last perpetual licence. I think even on-line stores like Amazon no longer have the boxed version with discs. I would avoid auction sites which are prone to piracy scams.

You can pay a subscription for one year up-front if you prefer not having to make payments each month.

99jon tech: Compare Adobe Photography Plans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not true! one cannot use lighroom properly offline. Many photos cannot be viewed in good quality and the export only works at 12ppp instead of 300 for many photos.

and in addition, the cloud activates itself after the updates sometimes. It's really annoying not to be able to disable the cloud on lightroom to have 100% of these RAW local, Luminar and much better on this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Adobe sells subscription plans for single CC apps, Lightroom Classic does not appear to be one of the options.

Lightroom Classic is available in the Creative Cloud Photography plan(s). The Photography plan includes Photoshop, Lightroom CC (cloud), Lightroom  Classic (desktop), Portfolio, and Spark.

Variations (well 2) on the Photography plan exists, this involves how much cloud storage you want (us old salts could care less about)

As stated Adobe does not sell standalone or perpetual copy’s any longer.

Photoshop CC and Lightroom Classic do not require use of the cloud for storage. Normally they do not require connection to the internet for use, they do occasionally require connection to the internet to verify contract standing (payment).

Note that a key component of all this is the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop (ACCDA) (free) that is used to check for updates, license status, activation, cloud sync (part of) etc. How often that app needs to hand shake with Adobe to verify license status varies upon payment type (monthly, yearly, individual, company, etc), oh, and a grace period varies.

One odd issue involves the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop Application. It has a place where you are signed in. If you sign out, then disconnect from the internet, and then try to run LR, it might fail, if you just stay signed in, even though you are not on the internet, LR works, so just do not sign out even if you are not connected. Apparently LR is happy as long as ACCDA thinks it is signed in, and apparently Adobe prefers if you sign in via ACCDA as opposed to login via LR.

Oh, and while this has not happened for awhile, do nit trust ACCDA fir 100% accuracy on auto updates. File that under things happen.

Not an Adobe employee. extra bit about ACCDA thrown in, because it can become an issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to head off any new doubts: Adobe is now leaving out the "CC".

So (e.g.) Photoshop CC that was included in the Photography subscription, is just called "Photoshop" now (it's the same thing).

And you now see just "Lightroom Classic" [the desktop focused app].

Lightroom CC has now become "Lightroom" [the cloud focused app].

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How about Adobe answering this question!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 25, 2023 Sep 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How about Adobe answering this question!!!

By @Dave32074598672t

What question do you mean? Why does Adobe need to answer? The information already given here is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines