• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 10.2 horrible performance

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to use lightroom today but the performance is horrible, it almost crashes at startup and slows my whole computer down, even opening settings almost crashes it, switching between photos takes around 30 seconds.

Specs:

GTX 1080 Ti

32GB DDR4 RAM

Intel I7-7700k

500GB SSD

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

If your drive is a 500 GB drive or bigger, then 50 GB free is really pushing it. If it's a smaller drive, then 50GB free is probably ok. 

Uninstall all of the Creative Cloud apps, then run the Adobe CC Cleaner program and reinstall starting with the Creative Cloud app. You can find the CC Cleaner program with a search of Adobe.com. That will help with your system issues. V10.2 is almost universally being reported as running much better than 10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which OS?

I suggest you consider going back to 10.1 unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 pro edition, how do i do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Creative Cloud App on the Lightroom Classic line, click on the three dots at the right. Choose Other Versions.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only get learn more and uninstall there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine shows "Other Versions" on the middle line under the dots. It always has.

Try logging out and back in to Adobe Creative Cloud app. Also check for updates to the Creative Cloud app.

Ken Seals - Nikon Z 9, Z 8, 14mm-800mm. Computer Win 11 Pro, I7-8700K, 64GB, RTX3070TI. Travel machine: 2021 MacBook Pro M1 MAX 64GB. All Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even checking for updates on the creative cloud app lags everything out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Managed to install 10.1 but it's just as bad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like you have some serious computer issues. Your main drive may be way too full. I would take it to a computer shop to be checked out. V10.2 is running great for me on two PCs and a MacBook Pro 2016,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main drive has over 50GB left, everything else runs completely fine, it's just adobe stuff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your drive is a 500 GB drive or bigger, then 50 GB free is really pushing it. If it's a smaller drive, then 50GB free is probably ok. 

Uninstall all of the Creative Cloud apps, then run the Adobe CC Cleaner program and reinstall starting with the Creative Cloud app. You can find the CC Cleaner program with a search of Adobe.com. That will help with your system issues. V10.2 is almost universally being reported as running much better than 10.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that and it's much better even though a little laggy still

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also check if face detection is on. If you turned it on by mistake or it was turned on by an update and it has a lot of pictures to analyze, it might have an impact on speed. It happened to me not so long ago.

Also, some general advice regarding performance can be found here:

Optimize Lightroom performance (adobe.com)

Hope that helps,

Michael

Michael Niessen - Photographer, photo-editor, educator

Photo-editing (Ps/Lr/LrC) and photography workshops & one-on-one training (off- and online)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already tried all the tricks so speed it up but nothing did anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But at least it's usable now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2021 Mar 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having horrible problems with Lightroom Classic 10.1 on a Mac Pro (2013) with Big Sur. I would always get the ball of death and my computer would often crash. This wasn't happening with any other software. I thought I needed to buy a new computer. I had to turn off Pererences/Performance/Use Graphics Processor/Use GPU for image processing to get it to work at all, which was really clunky and slow. 

I just installed Classic 10.2 and suddenly, with GPUs on, Classic is working great again. It's much faster and smoother. Catalogues are quick. This should double my editing speed. And, I shouldn't have to buy a new machine right away. 

Be careful about going backwards to earlier versions of Classic, as it may not recognize you most current catalogues, which is what Adobe recommended that I do when on 10.1. 

Hope this helps. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines