Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 3 release date

Mar 11, 2010 Mar 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well are we getting close to the actual release date.

Anyone heard anything

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 03, 2010 Jun 03, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I called Adobe Sales recently to enquire about the likely relase date for LR3.  Told them I do not have LR yet, trialed the 2.x version and currently use the v3beta2.  I plan to buy LR and asked the Sales rep if I should buy now (v2.7), what the upgrade policy would be or if it is worth the wait (how long.....).

The response was: if I buy now (v2) I would have to buy the upgrade once v3 is released. Free updates are only available once the official release has been announced and you buy the "old" version then.  There is typically a 4 week period between the announcement and the roll-out (i.e. being able to purchase.

His recommendation was to wait a "few more weeks" unless it is really urgent to get LR now and buy v3 right away, He also mentioned somthing about "early summer"...

So, I'll give it some time still and carry on with the beta.

Hope this helps.

S.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jun 07, 2010 Jun 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look here :

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/654450?tstart=0

If Mr.Chan takes the time to answer: "The wait will not be long. Thanks for your patience"

final release must be very close.

I think they've "warmed up the audience" enough now.

Frans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 05, 2010 Jun 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good news lightroom 3 top 5 features here watch and enjoy

http://photorumors.com/2010/06/05/terry-whites-top-5-favorite-new-features-in-lightroom-3/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2010 Jun 06, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3 is going to be annouced this monday or tuesday (6th or 7th of June). heard it from the adobe spokesman from pma australia 2010. he confirmed it when demonstrating Lightroom 3 Public Beta 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 3 is going to be annouced this monday or tuesday (6th or 7th of June)

Makes sense. Most significant LR releases were made on Mondays and Tuesdays. And we only have a few left till the beta2 expires.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would be 7th or 8th?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can only hope.

I was surprised that CS5 was released 1st.

I have been waiting for months for LR3.

Wonder if Adobe has any new features in final release that are not in Beta 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well.. Lens corrections (profile based) are in there..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In where? Is Lightroom 3 released now?

Stephen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not yet. You'd hear bells jingle when entering this forum if it did ...

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, not released, but you can check out Terry White's top 5 LR3 features and it's in there..

http://prodesigntools.com/what-are-the-top-5-new-features-in-adobe-lightroom-3.html

So yes, non destructive Lens Corrections are part of LR3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its released now... purchased upgrade, downloaded it and installed it this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really, where did you download it?  Looking at the Adobe site, there is nothing about it, not even an announcement.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Lightroom 3 can be purchased direct from Adobe. Choose the store for your country here then navigate to the Photoshop Lightroom 3 purchase page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official Link is now active   http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshoplightroom/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2010 Jun 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, downloading, now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also can confirm that. An Adobe employee told me and others on a CS5 seminar that Lightroom 3 will be released somewhere this week.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's getting close. The trial download page says version 3, but the file is still 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't wait for the release.  The noise reduction is so much more superior it's difficult to use 2 knowing 3 is around the corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines