• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5.5 "Develop module is disabled. Please renew your membership to reactivate the Develop module"

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My subscription is up to date and running, but I get this message in the middle of Develop Module in Lightroom: "Develop module is disabled. Please renew your membership to reactivate the Develop module" Same goes for Map. Book and Library are working.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 22, 2014 Jun 22, 2014

Hello Phil

If you are having this issue still please try the following troubleshooting steps.

Solution 1: Sign out of Lightroom 5.5 and then sign back in with your Adobe ID. This will activate the subscription again since you are seeing that it is showing as a trial.

Solution 2:

Set permission to SLStore & SLCache Folder ::

NOTE: Perform this procedure two times, once each for the SLCache and the SLStore folders.

Mac:

• Use the Finder to navigate to Library/Application Support/Adobe/SLStore or Library/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all your help.  Actually everything I read didn't work, but after working on this all night, I came up with a solution myself and it is now all working perfectly.  Here's what I did using trial and error, doing the below steps in different orders, eventually the below procedure worked.

1. Sign out of CC (Top right Cog, Preferences, sign out)

2. Open C:/ Show all hidden files

3. Delete all content of folder SLStore (win8 - C:\ProgramData\Adobe) AND all content of folder SLCache (win8 - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe)

4. Open all other software I use, photoshop, illustrator, muse etc etc and log in and accept terms etc

5. Open CC Desktop and log in

6. Download and install new Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.5 2014

7. Once installed it runs perfectly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue at the moment. I have tried the logging out and logging back in option and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but neither of those worked. I am unable to try changing the permission of the SLStore & SLCache Folders as they don't exist within the adobe application support folder, any idea where they may be or how to get them back to be able to at least try this option?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 26, 2014 Jun 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search in your C:/ folder for the files and delete all content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2014 Jun 28, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error. I have found that if I sign out of the CC app it will let me use Lightroom normally. As soon as I sign back in it locks me out of the Develop Module again! The CC app is a very buggy bit of software indeed. So far I wouldn't recommend Creative Cloud to anyone I'm afraid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 08, 2014 Jul 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had to reinstall Creative Cloud. Worked only the first two times with a trial window popping up, there I was able to login with my cloud account. Now the trial window doesn't pop up and the develop module is once again not working. This is a pretty serious bug as I'm going on two days of downtime, this is a serious business cost and I'm beginning to consider other software if this is the level of reliability of the "cloud". Not happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm now having to follow "Suggestion 2" every time I launch Lightroom!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening for me, had to sign out of both Creative Cloud and Lightroom and reboot. Once i did that, it worked until i closed Lightroom again.

Is this a known bug from adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2014 Jul 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution 1 works for me as a temporary measure, but every time I close and re-open Lightroom I'm locked out again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2014 Jul 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the folder permissions solution but it didn't work until I accidentally renamed the wrong folder! I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 and according to the instructions changed the permissions on the folders in the x86 Program Data structure - this didn't work, but when I renames the ProgramData\Adobe\SLStore folder and restarted Lightroom I was asked to sign in, and then everything worked. I've closed and reopened Lightroom and everything is still enabled

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issues.  I believe this was caused on my machine because of a corrupted encryption vault (Credant).  I deleted both the SLStore and SLCache directories, uninstalled Lightroom 5.5, logged out of CreativeCloud, rebooted, then did the re-log in and re-install.  Same issue.Is there a way to completely uninstall all Adobe products and start fresh? By the way I am running Windows 7 64-Bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2014 Jul 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try renaming the folder as I did in the comment above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that was the first thing I did, and it didn't work.  I noticed that Lightroom simply re-created the folders, so I deleted the originals -- actually, I moved them entirely to an alternate location.  I believe my specific problem is because of a corrupted Credant Encryption "vault" file.  I lost access to all files that were encrypted -- which would have been the cache and store files.  I am able to uninstall Lightroom, but for some reason cannot run or uninstall Photoshop.  I think if I can clean all files and registry entries for the Adobe Creative Cloud programs -- I have the Photographer's Subscription...Lightroon, Photoshop and the included Bridge and Camera Raw apps -- then perhaps starting over will install clean copies and grant me full access.

This is a corporate PC and I'll need to eventually have it re-imaged because other programs such as MS Word and Outlook are also acting "funny".  My problem is I'm traveling for the next two weeks and need to file and edit photos.  ANy suggestions would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of you still having problems with this, can you confirm you've tried Scott V's Solution 2: Set permission to SLStore & SLCache Folder...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2015 Apr 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had the same problem; online chat fixed it but I was required to give your rep. my system password so he could change permissions.  I'm not happy about doing that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2015 Apr 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried Step 1. Signing out of Creative Cloud. Upon signing in at first it didn't work and after launching Lightroom again it came up but then a few seconds later I had a adobe window open up saying I had signed into adobe creative cloud on multiple computers and 2 options. I chose the option to sign out of both computers and try again and now it works. I've never actually signed in on two computers but anyways whatever works

Mac OSX Yosemite 10.10.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines