• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 Catalog Compatibility with newer versions

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently got a notification on my MacBook Pro that Lightroom 5 will no longer be compatible with newer updates of the OS software. My concern is that all of my photos are backed up on an external drive in Lightroom 5 Catalog format, and I'm not sure if when I update to the new subscription version of the photography plan I will be able to access all of my old files from Lightroom 5. Please let me know if there will be an issue and if so what steps I can take to resolve it. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2019 Mar 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There should be no issues whatsoever.

When you first launch Lightroom Classic, it will upgrade (a copy of) your LR 5 catalog, and there should be no problem accessing your old files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 20, 2019 Mar 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Has this post from Per answered your question thanks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines