• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 crashing when straightening

New Here ,
Jun 12, 2013 Jun 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 hangs and crashes very regularly ( about ten times in an hour ) when I use the crop tool and straighten the image? I tried deleting the preferences, increasing the cache, creating a new catalogue.... it continues to crash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be helpful if you provided more information on hardware and the OS you're using. Also, can you confirm if the Adobe crash reporter dialog appears after the crash? If it does, then you really should choose the option to share the information with Adobe as it will provide QE with a lot of useful information that can often allow for a much faster diagnosis.

Edit:

I just remembered that Crash Reporter is only available on Mac platform. On Windows platform the info is automatically sent to Microsoft. However, you can use the MS tool to generate and attach the crash dmp file. Instructions etc at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=4060.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X / 10.8.4. MacPro 2009 Yes the crash reporter did appear and I did share the crash report.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here! It started today. Worked fine for a few days now I can't use it at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 5 regularly crashes for me as well while using crop/straighten tool. Extremely frustrating as I get no crash report or dialogue box it simply freezes my entire iMac.

My computer is 27" iMac - OS x 10.8.4 2.7Ghz iCore5 with 32GB Ram and 1TB HD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's excatly what I got. I have to force it to quit and can't use it at all. Any solutions???????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, using os x version 10.8.4, 12 gb ram, core i5 2.7 ghz, only program running, started off with just the crop rotate tool, now is crashing every 10 mins or so (in any module) and is now causing a compleat restart of ststem not just the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2013 Jun 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ian.

Same for me. Freezing happens to appear in ever shorter intervals. It started once an hour (I guess every 50th straightend picture or so – wild guess, though), now its every second or third picture. Nerv wracking.

LR just hangs with the beachball spinning. I have to force quit, then the crash reporter appears.

Is there anything more we can provide to help resolve this?

––

(LR 5, Early 2011 MacBook Pro 15", 2,3 GHz Intel Core i7, 8 GB 1333 MHz DDR3, OS X 10.8.4)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting this on osx 10.8.3 hex 3.3ghz mac pro. Pretty consistently.  2-3 times a day. (Once per 2-4 hours of editting.)  As soon as I hit the the crop button it hangs and starts eating up all the VM until I force quit or the machine hangs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was reluctant to try v5, -buy dipped my toe, and then my foot, and then dived in to discover it is crashy after all. My 17" OS X 10.8.4 MacBook Pro started to freeze after cropping also. Interestingly, I'm working on a series images and it did not happen with the first dozen or so images. ALsop cannot get a crash report

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem when I use the crop tool and straighten.

LR5 Mac Pro 3.2 GHz quad core 24GB Ram/OS 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2013 Jun 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem.  It doesn't happen everytime I use the crop tool, but enough to make it very frustrating.

I'm using an iMac with OS X 10.7.5, i3@3.06gHz, 12GB of RAM.

Please help, Lightroom was AWESOME until this update....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version of your iMac is 10.8.4. You are using 10.7.5. Try updating your OS and see what happens. I used the latest OS on a 27 inch iMac with 16 gig of ram with, no problems. Neither LightRoom 5 Beta or the now full version, gave or give me any problems. Everything works like it is supposed to. Just my 2 cents worth for you.

Tunney Moriarty

Ph: Res 519-746-0236

Cell 519 584-5253

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest OS 10.8.4 and the latest version of Lightroom 5 and I cannot use the crop / straightening tool without crashing Lightroom. It is a Lightroom issue not a OS issue, I never had issues with Lightroom 4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2013 Jun 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick follow up if it matters, I am working with RAW files from my D7000.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact issue: when using crop/rotate, every couple of photo's. With me, it happens with specific RAW files (reproduceable). The issue appeared first in LR 4.4 (i reverted to 4.3) and now continues in 5.0

I've submitted several crashh reports but gave up...

NB: rotating via Lens corrections-->Manual works fine.

OSX 10.8.3, build 12D78

iMac 27", i5, 2.66 GHz, 4 GB RAM

LR 5.0 AND LR 4.4 !!

RAW's: Nikon D7000 and Fuji x100s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works.

After using the Lens Corrections tools, attempting to rotate an image using the Crop & Straighten causes the freeze. The workaround is to rotate images with the Manual tool in Lens Corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback, we are investigating this problem. Before we provide a fixing for that, you can check off "Constrain to Wrap" to avoid the crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean "Constrain to Crop" ?

Thanks for the tip. Lets hope this issue is fixed ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2013 Jul 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I installed LR5 today on my;

Model Name:          Mac Pro

Model Identifier:          MacPro3,1

Processor Name:          Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed:          2.8 GHz

Number of Processors:          2

Total Number of Cores:          8

L2 Cache (per Processor):          12 MB

Memory:          6 GB

Running OSX10.8.4.

In doing my first job I'm getting the beachball when rotating using the crop tool. Only solution is Force Quit.

No good. Seems quite a lethal bug. Glad I'm on a CC subscription, I'll flick back to LR4 but how does this stuff get released? Pretty ordinary seeing it looks a common problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2013 Jul 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had multiple crashes since recently installing Lightroom 5:

System:

OS X 10.7.5

MacPro3,1

2 x 2.8 Quad-Core Intel Xeon

24 GB RAM

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT 256 MB

As others have reported, the crashes completely freeze my Mac, forcing a hard reboot and preventing use of the crash reporter. Sometimes I get the endlessly spinning beach ball, sometimes simply unresponsive. Last night it happened three times before I gave up and went straight to Photoshop:

-- Immediately after importing images

-- Immediately upon trying to use crop tool

-- Immediately upon clicking on the image with the spot removal brush

There have been one or two previous crashes about which I don't recall the details, but the first occurred when I right clicked, and then selected 'edit in > Photoshop CS6'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2013 Jul 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting the same thing everytime I try to crop. I have to force quit LR 5.

Never had this in previous versions.

Running an iMac 21" 3.2 GHz Intel Core i3, 16G Ram, OS 10.8.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2013 Jul 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same deal.  Random freeze and crash.  General editing and importing. I'm on the 30 day trial, and its a good thing because I don't like having my computer crash in the middle of editing photos.  So... no buy until fix.  This program should still be in Beta with these kinds of problems.

mid 2010 Macbook pro. 2.66ghz 8gb ram osx 10.8.4

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2013 Jul 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you all seeing this crash in the Lightroom 5.2 RC as well? http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/lightroom5-2/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2013 Aug 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't afford to wait for a Lightroom 5 fix, I canceled my Creative Cloud account ( little did I know that Adobe charges 50% of remain subscription...fine print I guess ) and gave up on Lightroom 5.

I will stick to Lightroom 4, for the foreseeable future ( Lightroom 6 ).

Thank you for the info and the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines