• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 download

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a license for LR5 and would like to install it on a new computer, but I can't find the DL link.

I've searched through community posts, but all the links are broken. Any help?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John;

Many thanks for your efforts, but accessing 5.7.1 Mac launches:
https://trials.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/legacy/99CABBAC-C975-4A06-8D99-064C6871EE80/LTRM/5_7_1/osx10/...

And - despite downloading and installing - when attempting to launch, returns these identical error messages:

Lightroom 5.7.1 install error.jpgAdobe app manager fail.jpg

It seems Adobe has removed all "trial version" access for this legacy software - at least, on the Mac side?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Mac OS are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, I see you mentioned 10.13.6, which should run 32-bit installers just fine.  

My only suggestion is to run the Adobe Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to remove all traces of Adobe software and then re-run the 5.7.1 installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, John - but I'm a bit hesitant to "erase" my Photoshop CS6 and Acrobat Pro programs (licensed and registered), for fear that'll screw up reinstalling those programs, as well.

I'll just have to keep PS/CS6 and Lightroom 5.2 on this High Sierra start-up drive, and migrate everything else to another...

Just "bit the bullet" and - RELUCTANTLY - subscribed to Adobe's Photography plan (20G, Photoshop/Lightroom Classics/Lightroom CC) for 12 months, with an additional 3 months free as a courtesy).

Now, I have to restart my iMac from either the Catalina or Big Sur drives, in order to download and utilize those programs, as High Sierra isn't capable of running them... sigh....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it would seem these links don't work.  is there an alternative that does?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 27, 2023 Jun 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the link from Bob Somrak posted on Jan 3, 2022, which appears directly below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 05, 2023 Sep 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested and updated the download links:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/lightroom-5-download/m-p/12632465#M2589...

removing the "ftp" links (which no longer work in leading browsers) and adding the "prodesign.com" links, which lead to a popular, trusted download site.  The "adobe.com" links still work, as do the "web.archive.org" links, though they are very slow to respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link worked for me for both windows and mac.  Be aware you can not install the mac version on newer mac OS's as the installer is 32 bit

https://prodesigntools.com/lightroom-5-ddl-comparison-vs-lr4.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bob;

My OEM Lightroom 5.2 system installs easily: Stated systems requirements for Mac include "Multicore Intel processor with 64-bit support", so it appears the linked "installed" (application manager) is the culprit, here.
Curious as to why my older iterantion CD includes a 64-bit installer, and the newer update installer does not...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6 on a mid-2015 27" iMac... for the purposes of retaining Lightroom 5, Photoshop CS6, and Office 2016 functionality: My other start-up drives are configured with Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur for more contemporary software (like Office 2019: STILL adverse to paying monthly license fees)...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines