• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.0 loads and immediately closes

Explorer ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Windows 10 and Lightroom 6.0 with all updates.  Three days ago I went to use LR and it loads to the splash screen and immediately closed.  I have not been able to get it to work since.

I have done multiple things to solve it, ending in uninstalling and reinstalling from my disk.  That did not fix it.  I uninstalled and searched thru all folders on my drives to delete all folders for Lightroom.  I have saved my catalog as old.  I even went thru the registery to find and possibly delete entries.  Did not find any needing deletion.

Reinstalling still does not work.  Launching Lightroom gets a little farther.  It fully loads just past the splash screen, showing all proper areas of the screen, then it closes.

I am at a loss as to what to do next.  It's as if there's a time limit for my version and it's up!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Gary Kueppers

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After all the help the community has given me, I have decided to finally upgrade to the latest Lr/Ps subscription.

Thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2024 Mar 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure to subscribe to the correct plan. Your Lightroom 6 is now called Lightroom Classic (LrC) not Lightroom (Lr)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 23, 2024 Mar 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed that Lr Classic can be ordered by itself or it comes with Ps.  I don't know what version of Ps comes with it because Ps Classic is over $20 per month, but the combo is only $9.99.  Very confusing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is the current version of PS and yes, it does cost less,  when purchased with Lightroom Classic. 

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines