• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 Download Link

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a Lightroom 6 serial key and I want to install LR6 on my new computer. Unfortunetaly, the download link from this site is gone.

Is there still a way to get a LR6 installer?

(I will archive it somewhere safe and never ask this question again)

EDIT: I did purchase LR6 from a third party so I have only the serial key. Anyway, I've conntacted Adobe Support and they provided the download link. Thanks for your help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fabianw24244363, good evening.
Due to a change in support policy during this time, the download links for previous versions, including Lr6, have been removed.
If the product was purchased as a direct download from the Adobe Store, you may be able to see the link in your account management, but if it's not there, there's no way to get it.

Or maybe you can get some tips from this site.
https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear TkfY I just wanted to check in about Lightroom 6. I have upgraded my  MacBook Air and was using 6 on my old one. Now i can't download 6. I have spent more than an hour talking Adobe customer service who can't/wont help and i have read these blog posts and am still unable to download it onto my new computer! help pls!!

Thank you so much. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2021 Dec 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can download LR 6.14 following the instructions here:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-discussions/update-lightroom-6-0-to-6-14/m-p/108193... 

However, you won't be able to install it on Mac OS 10.15 or later, because the installer is a 32-bit program, and Apple dropped support for 32-bit programs in 10.15. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the Adobe main site, Sign in with the Adobe ID you used when you first bought LR 6 (you had to create an Adobe ID to use even LR 6) you will be able to download the most current version, LR 6.14.

If you have not register your serial number you can still do that and as long as it is a valid serial number you should be given the opportunity to download LR 6.14.

Follow the link posted by dj_paige for instructions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2020 Apr 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased the Mac Air that has Catalina operating system.  The Lightroom 6 download / installer doesn't work with Catalina.  Any suggestions?  I don't want to do the cloud subscription because I store all my photos on an external drive.  I just want my old version of Lightroom.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you discovered, Mac OS 10.15 won't let you install LR 6 because its installer is 32-bit. The only workaround is to install Mac OS 10.14, install LR 6, then upgrade to Mac OS 10.15 (a very involved process).

"I don't want to do the cloud subscription because I store all my photos on an external drive."

Note that there are two different species of Lightroom, "Lightroom" and "Lightroom Classic" (you can thank the highly paid Adobe marketers for that confusion).  Both are subscription. Lightroom stores photos in the cloud, while Lightroom Classic stores them in folders on your local disks.  

When you purchase and install Lightroom Classic, it will automatically convert your old LR 6 catalogs.

[Use the blue reply button under the first post to ensure replies sort properly.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info.  Trying to avoid a subscription, but it looks like that's out of the question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I migrated my LR6 installation from macOS 10.14 to 10.15 months ago and had been working fine until the beginning of this week. The reason one has to do this is that the LR6 installer is not a 64-bit application and starting with Catalina, 32-bit executables are no longer supported.

Things went sideways when I ran the user migration tool to import data from a Carbon Copy Clone of my data to a new 2020 Macbook Air i7/16 GB/512 GB. Lightroom 6 ran once on the Macbook Air without a problem. I exited gracefully and backed up settings when prompted. Later in the day tried to access LR6 again. When I clicked on the LR icon, it would briefly execute and crash. Opened up console to try and see what might be going on and got nowhere. I wiped my new Air reinstalled Catalina and restored from my 12" Macbook backup as second time with the same result. 

My "solution" will be to run LR 6 on a legacy MacBook Pro for now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input. The primary reason I bought a new computer was to
run LR as my 11 year old Air freezes up when I run LR. Guess I should have
done more research!
~~~

Linda Yee
yeesinbox@gmail.com
626-484-3414

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was in the same boat but when you go into your Adobe account (for those who bought directly I guess) look at purchase history rather than products. Under Products no downloaders are avaiolable but under Purchase History ach purchase is shown with an order number highlighted. Click the order number and the related serial numbers and licence keys - one more click and there was the downloader for both MAC and for Windows. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same situation as you. Downloaded file as you said but file does nothing when I click on it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 08, 2021 Jul 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the same situation as you. Downloaded file as you said but file does nothing when I click on it. 

By @steveh66674124

What is your operating system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What was the size of the file? The installer and package for Windows 10 is over 1GB?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that was my problem. File had not completely downloaded. Was able
to successfully reinstall LR after file was completely downloaded. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel ripped off by adobe. I paid for lightroom six digital download and it is no longer available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I feel ripped off by adobe. I paid for lightroom six digital download and it is no longer available

By @A2209935043xw

You can still download Lr 6 from https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-lightroom-6-cc-direct-download-links.html

Do your self a favor, save a copy of the download file where you can find it, in case you need it again in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download file is there ( i also have it) , but adobe has disabled the install part of the file. So i cant install it or put in my valid activation key that i paid for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe hasn't disabled the installation.

If you are on Mac OS 10.15 or later, you won't be able to install LR 6.14 because the installer is a 32-bit program, which Mac OS no longer supports.

If you are on Windows, please provide details about what you're seeing when, including screenshots of any error messages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 13, 2021 Dec 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The download file is there ( i also have it) , but adobe has disabled the install part of the file. So i cant install it or put in my valid activation key that i paid for.

By @J22216228kh3y

As stated by @johnrellis, this isn't something Adobe did, it is something your operating system prevents, and probably its a Mac operating system. Some people install OSX 10.14 or earlier on a separate disk, as a dual boot, and then you can load this earlier operating system, install Lr 6, and then you can use the Lr 6 software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So Lightroom 6 only works with 32 bit but Lightroom 5 works with 32 or 64 ? I installed Lightroom 5 with no problems

For the Love of Music

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 works with 64 bit also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines