• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC: An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2017 Jul 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have seen a couple of threads on this issue but no real solutions. Has there been a fix for this issue or a better detailed explanation of how to fix? I just upgraded to CC and now I'm stuck unable to export.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Have you tried this?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1890308

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/346527

Which operation system do you use? Is your system patched with the actual versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried this?

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1890308

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/346527

Which operation system do you use? Is your system patched with the actual versions?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the following message when launching LR CC:

An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to call field 'token' (a nil value)

I tried most of the fixes suggested but no luck so far.  Otherwise, LR seems to be working ok.

I would love to get rid of the error message thinking something is not going to work when I call on a function in LR CC.

Using Windows 10 operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have installed the latest version?

Do you have installed a third party plugin?

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed the LR program from Adobe just a week ago, so, it should be the latest.  I did not install any plugins.  The program is in its virgin stage right now.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received the same error when deleting an image. Catalog took forever to open. Someone on another post suggested that a logitech plugin was a problem for him. Disabled the plugin, but no luck. Uninstalled the plugin and now all is fine. Catalog opens quickly and no error message when deleting an image. I believe the troublesome app is named 'logiopt'. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for posting this. Lightroom classic was having trouble starting, scrolling was jerky, and I had this error message. I resetted my lightroom preferences and when that didn't work I reinstalled lightroom. So I uninstalled logitech options, with your advice, and everything went back to normal. Computers are weird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been receiving this same message when trying to export my finished images. I tried many of the fixes listed in these threads. However, in my case, it turned out to be the catalog that had a problem. I was able to export the images by creating a NEW CATALOG, then importing the images from the original catalog into it, to then export it. Hopefully my sharing this will help someone else. Here are the steps.

File > New Catalog > (name it) Create > the new catalog will then open...

File > Import From Another Catalog > (find original catalog) Double Click to open or click Choose > (check box) Import.
Once the images have completed the import, you may export as you normally would.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gratidão!!! deu super certo o procedimento.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2022 Feb 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das hat Funktioniert!!! Danke!! Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only solution that works. Thank you so much. For me, I knew what was causing the issue, but wasn't able to fix it. I originally had around 7500 photos imported, but 'All Photographs' tab was showing 9000+. Surprisingly, in 'Folders' sextion, there were still only 7500. So I tried removing the extra images by applying filters/rating from 'All Photographs' tab, but it was just popping the said error! So basically, this has to do something with these extra images which weren't able to point out to their source and yet there were other folders already imported pointing out to the same source. This might have happened for multiple reasons as I had changed Lightroom major versions between multiple imports, or maybe because I keep transferring and copying my Catalog (Smart Previews) a lot. Whatever the reason is.. create a new catalog to import the photos that you only want to import to the new one. I selected only those with which I was facing the problem. And it worked!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 10000% works guys 🙌 totally saved me from re-editing an entire wedding! Thank you SO much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2023 Jun 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been getting the same message (Windows 11, latest) "An internal error has occurred: ?:0: attempt to index a nil value" for every attempt I make to export files (or to "edit in" Photoshop).  I have a large catalog of almost 114,000 photos with sidecars.  Lightroom, latest version, works in every other way.  I've tried disabling plugins, reinstalling the program, optomizing (and back up) the catalog, and exporting a catalog.  If I use this solution, create a new catalog and import from the old, it worked on a test of about 10 photos in a new catalog I made just for the purpose, but when I try it with all of my photos, the message is "Lightroom could not import this catalog because of an unknown error."  It was a catalog I JUST optomized.  Please someone help me figure out what to do next.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I tried and it work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got this error trying to export a batch of 350 photos. However, I was able to export smaller batches of around 10 photos. After some fiddeling, it turned out that 1 of the 350 photos was corrupt. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

[Auto-responder]

This direct message portal is not normally monitored. It is primarily used for private requests containing sensitive information (e.g. Adobe ID’s, picture data, and other items) which may not wish to be shared on the public forum. Typically, a private message request will be sent by me requesting sensitive data.

Note: Though I am present on the forum, I don’t work in direct customer support. 

Unrequested direct messages may not be seen for long periods of time and are not typically answered. Please post on the forum all non-sensitive information you would like to share. 

Thank you

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines