• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC not showing all folders/images in catalog folders.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clean install of L CC onto win 10 PC. Not all the folders in my files show up in the folders area on the left hand side. If I try to import them LR says they have been imported. Result is that I can't work on many of my images in LR CC. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2018 Apr 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And show in explorer? Does it open the correct folder in windows explorer and highlight the right raw file? The greying out of the folder titles in Lightroom means that Lightroom thinks the folder is offline. It appears that Lightroom is not able to make connection to the network disk for some reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it show the correct folder and the raw file form my disk array, I try now to build a new catalog, import just one folder to have a look if it solve the problem. But I did it at the beginning of the investigation and it was working until I quit, save the catalog with integrity check and then when I open it back, nothing was there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very strange. In one of your images you imply the catalog file is on the F drive too in the folder Archives Pixelyst 04-2018. How are you mounting this disk on your computer? Catalogs cannot be on networked drive. Are you doing this through iSCSI or somesuch?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Every pictures are on F this ids the ''Archive'' disk''. This is a disk tower with 4 disk in it of different sizes, no raid or Iscsi is involved, simply connected directly to my Laptop.

I just build and another catalog, I import only 2-3 000 images, I close it and then open it back and I can see my pictures. It will be painful, but I think I will have to import all my archives pictures (300k pictures more than 8 Tb) in this new catalog and then remove all others catalog, what do you think about it? A easier way to suggest...

Thanks for your help BTW!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

? So it is not a network disk? Connected through USB or something similar?

I do think there is some corruption in your catalog indeed. Rebuilding it is a lot of work. Can't remember if I asked if you tried checking the catalog integrity by starting Lightroom with the alt/option key pressed. That can sometimes repair minor problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is a simple disk tower (4 disk) connected via USB-C to it.

When I try to open it with Alt key it crash....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is very strange! One small kind of voodoo you might try is to reset the Lightroom preferences. Instructions here: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2018 May 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I can help but I have the same issue. I try to synchronize folder and it show me photos it wants to import. After a short time it says that there are no photos to import and the folder does not show up in LR.

What I did to solve my problem was:

• I created a folder in LR labeled "....... part 2".
  • I went into my finder and moved all the photos from the folder which was not appearing in LR and moved them to the above mentioned folder.
  • I went back into LR and synchronized the folder "...part  2" and made sure that duplicates when importing were allowed.
  • Then I deleted the original folder in finder
  • Last I renamed the folder in LR to what I had originally wanted

Hope this might help.

Barry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2018 Oct 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same or similar problem. I had one folder that had over 3,000 photos in it, showing only ONE photo in Lightroom.

This is how I solved it. RIGHT Click on the folder not showing the correct number of photos, then choose to synchronize, and check the option to SHOW the IMPORT DIALOG box.

Once that is done click to sync. Lightroom will go through and eliminate the photos it 'thinks' are already in that folder. On the right panel of Lightroom turn off the option that stops Lightroom from importing duplicates.

Once I did this all my photos were now visible once I imported them all again. I think my Lightroom got confused and was showing only 1 photo in the folder, and when I went to sync it thought it had previously imported all the other photos. As soon as I told Lightroom to import any, even duplicates, my folder was OK again and now shows all the photos correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Huuuhhh .. be careful!

Re-importing always is the last resort only!

By re-importing you are loosing all the work you have done to your images previously in LR.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Kokonut+Kars  wrote

I had the same or similar problem. I had one folder that had over 3,000 photos in it, showing only ONE photo in Lightroom.

This is how I solved it. RIGHT Click on the folder not showing the correct number of photos, then choose to synchronize, and check the option to SHOW the IMPORT DIALOG box.

Once that is done click to sync. Lightroom will go through and eliminate the photos it 'thinks' are already in that folder. On the right panel of Lightroom turn off the option that stops Lightroom from importing duplicates.

Once I did this all my photos were now visible once I imported them all again. I think my Lightroom got confused and was showing only 1 photo in the folder, and when I went to sync it thought it had previously imported all the other photos. As soon as I told Lightroom to import any, even duplicates, my folder was OK again and now shows all the photos correctly.

This usually happens because you have accidentally imported the photos into another folder. THey were in Lightroom. Now when you do this, you have two copies in Lightroom, and they don't have to have the same edits and they don't have to have the same metadata. This leads to confusion.

I agree with McLion, I would not recommend your approach.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Desperate times call for desperate measures. There appears to be little explanation or resolution from Adobe on this issue. My version of the above scenario was triggered when I synced my catalogue and chose the 'merge' option, not knowing the implications of doing so (some documentation around this would be good). One of these was that a recently shot folder vanished from the Library view - i.e. it was not there with a ? indicating the files were missing, rather that the folder was not recognised at all. Upon attempting to re-import this folder, the images would momentarily appear, only to turn to 'greyed out' as LR realised it had imported them previously. 

For those suggesting Krovatek's approach is not advisable, what do you suggest instead? His response was actually helpful, whereas I have seen very little support for users wrestling with this problem and a lot of patronising, finger pointing directed at them instead. Isn't it time that Adobe investigate this issue and provide a solution? C'mon Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2023 Feb 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You’ve posted to a very old thread. It is highly unlikely that the issue described in this thread, though not impossible, is the same issue which you are currently experiencing. Rather than resurrect an old thread that is seemingly similar, you are better posting to a new thread with fresh, complete information including system information, a complete description of the problem and step-by-step instructions for reproduction. 

In the unlikely event the issue is the same, we will merge you back into the appropriate location. 

Thank you!

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines