Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC transfering filters

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2017 Aug 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good Morning all

Im hoping some one can help me. I am a beginner in Lightroom. I recently got a new laptop and I successfully managed to transfer my library to it but all my colour filters I had used have not come across with them. How can I get all my coloured filters over to my new laptop?

Thanks for your help

Nik

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By "colour filters" I presume you are referring to Develop Presets, correct?

If so, then you can use the operating system to { copy, transfer, paste } all the presets from the 'old' laptop to the 'new' laptop.

Essential reading-

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/how-move-lightroom-to-new-computer/

and info on the location of the presets-  See "Your Presets and Templates"

https://www.lightroomqueen.com/backup-lightroom-files/

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.4, Photoshop 25.11, ACR 16.4, Lightroom 7.4.1, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.1.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I had done was give curtain photos a colour rating. ie photos of cars, blue. Photos of boats, red. Photos of planes, Yellow etc

Is that Develop Presets?????? As on my new laptop none of my photos have those colour ratings.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

HI, Color ratings are more data that Lightroom has added to the image data. And that data was stored in the Lightroom catalog. SO when you say you transferred your Lightroom Library, do you mean you transferred all the photo files themselves, (like the books in the Library) to your new laptop? Or did you also copy the Lightroom.lrcat file and the Catalog.lrdata file that was in Lightroom on your previous computer?

If you look where your Lightroom catalog is stored - by default it is in the Pictures folder - it should have these subfolders when Lightroom is open with this Catalog:FinderScreenSnapz001.png

And when the application is closed it should look like this:

FinderScreenSnapz002.png

If you simply copied your photo files themselves over, and then opened a brand new Lightroom and asked it to create a catalog and import all your photo files, your selections etc from your previous computer weren't transferred over.

Please let us know how you transferred your Library. Then we can guide you on the simplest way to get Lightroom to open with all your selections and data.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines