• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.2 freezes when saving files back from Photoshop on macOS Big Sur 11.4

Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since I updated my OS to Big Sur 11.4 I have been having issues with Lightroom Classic (I am on Release 10.2 and Camera RAW 13.2. Latest from Adobe). My work flow involves starting in LrC, editing with Topaz DeNoise AI using 'Edit in' facility from LrC' Then finishing in Photoshop. Prpoblem seems to arise when I save in PS. The image should automatically go back to LrC (as a TIFF Image - my setting). What happens is that LrC hangs. Saving becomes impossible. I have to use the iMac's 'Force Quit' facility to quit LrC. When I try to relaunch LrC automatically hangs! Eventually PS also hangs. The only solution I have is to quit both LrC and PS. I then cannot the shut down the iMac because Lightroom Classic and Photoshop have caused the Machine to hang. I have to force the machine to shut down and once again reboot the computer and relaunch all my applications. Then Lrc and PS will work again until after a few hourse the situation is repeated. This has caused me to lose a lot of time. Is anyone else in the same situation and does anyone have a solution?

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

I continued to have issues with Lightroom. The software contined to freeze at least once a day, usually after leaving my Mac for an hour or two and it going to sleep. I finally got on to Adobe Support. The Advisor, took control of my screen and tried a few things. Eventually he uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom Classic (to solve another issue with my Lightroom Classic Brush Tool). That particular action of uninstalling and reinstalling LrC, seems to have solved my problem – at least for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Lightroom Classic due to the app freezing during your workflow. Would you mind telling us if this started after an update to Lightroom Classic or after the latest macOS update?

You can try optimizing the Preferences of both Lightroom Classic & Photoshop to check if that helps. You can check out the link mentioned below for both apps.

Photoshop: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/optimize-photoshop-cc-performance.html

Lightroom Classic: https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/kb/optimize-performance-lightroom.html

If the issue persists, you can try to reset the preferences of Lightroom using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2JSym5e

Please backup your presets prior to resetting the preferences.

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your tips. I will check them out and come back to you. Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one): does it still crash?

If you boot into Safe mode (hold down Shift Key at boot): does it still crash?

Have you tried running a free utility like Onyx to see if that stops the crashing? 
https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestions. I have rebooted in Safe mode and tried LrC in that mode. There are no problems. However, when I went back to my regular mode, I had one freeze-up. I have also tried the OnyX software. I had one freeze-up after trying that as well. 

Today I ran Apple's Diagnostics to test my complete iMac. No issues there everything is hunky dory! I have had no freeze-up today! 😊 Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no crash in safe mode. That means you need to examine the following and find what extension is causing the crash;

When you boot in Safe Mode, your Mac will check its startup volume, only load necessary kernel extensions, and disable third-party fonts and startup options. It’s like Safe Mode on Windows—it won’t load third-party hardware drivers or startup programs, so you can use this mode to fix problems if your Mac isn’t working or booting properly.”

Likely some 3rd party start up options. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I continued to have issues with Lightroom. The software contined to freeze at least once a day, usually after leaving my Mac for an hour or two and it going to sleep. I finally got on to Adobe Support. The Advisor, took control of my screen and tried a few things. Eventually he uninstalled and reinstalled Lightroom Classic (to solve another issue with my Lightroom Classic Brush Tool). That particular action of uninstalling and reinstalling LrC, seems to have solved my problem – at least for now. I am currently how LrC behaves after the action. Five days have passed. No freezing!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines