• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 10.4 on new Windows 11

Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some bugs with LR Classic 10.4 installed on the new Windows 11.
- unable to use the software while importing photos.
- cannot permanently delete a photo from the disk, the link with the trash is non-existent. In LR you must then delete the photo from the catalog, then go to Windows Explorer and manually delete the photo.
Probably other bugs exist, I haven't explored everything yet. I hope that the developers will quickly find a solution before the official release of Win11...

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are using a “beta” version of Win 11?

Guess you could report your findings to Windows.

This is a user to user forum, there is little we can do here.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, last beta version Version : 21H2 - build 22000.160 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom will announce when their applications are updated to support Win 11!

Best not to use your primary installation of LrC to test Win 11. Just my thoughts.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 😉.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As stated, most of us are not Adobe, and we generally have no idea when Adobe will release anything.

But, I am fairly sure that Adobe will not work on anything related to Windows 11 until it is released. Why? Because they could be wasting time while MS changes all sorts of issues.Oh, they might play around with existing LrC on a beta release of Windows 11, and probably tell  MS what is wrong, but actual writing of code?

They most  certainty will not release anything until after Microsoft releases Windows 11.

Incidentally, what is the customer base of Window 11 users going to be for Adobe to justify spending money. Very few customers have equipment Windows 11 ready. Some may just need a chip, many will need new computers. This is going to be far worse than migrating to Windows 10. Heck, look at all the Windowe 7 holdouts. Adobe might not be so quick on this one. Look how long it took to get something that sort of works on Apple M1.

That having been said. I take it you are a certified beta tester? Point of beta release is to test, test what MS has fouled up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2021 Aug 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are right on many points, thank you for this relevant analysis.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 02, 2021 Sep 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you had any chance to test on a newer prerelease of Windows 11? Any news on the problems you mentioned?
With under 5 weeks till release the current Windows build must be pretty close to a release candidate: I would expect Adobe to have ironed out any obvious problems with compatibility before October 5. 

Thor Egil Leirtrø
Freelance concert photographer - thoregilphoto.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 15, 2021 Sep 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently testing on Windows 11 build 10.0.22000.160 (co_release)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently testing on Windows 11 build 10.0.22000.160 (co_release)

By @BadWolf5150

As stated above, we can't help you, because as stated above, we are not Adobe developers here in this forum, and furthermore no version of Lightroom or Lightroom Classic is currently supported on Windows 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
Have you experienced any showstopping problems with Window 11? With just 3 weeks to release day I would be surprised if there were any.

Thor Egil Leirtrø

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2021 Sep 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Finally I reinstalled properly Windows 11 + Lightroom + Photoshop and all the mentioned problems disappeared ! Adobe software works without any problems on the "new" Microsoft OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installed the official Windows 11 Pro yesterday, and then tried to import about 150 photos from yesterdays concert. 

As you said - Unable to use the software while importing photos. In fact both the mouse and keyboard froze most of the time whle the preview processing went on. This is probably a Windows tuning problem - let's hope they get it sorted out fast.

And that was about as far as I got yesterday.

Apart from that - all dialogues and input fields look more "mac-like", less contrasty and harder to read. I will have to take a look around for some configuration options here.

www.thoregilphoto.com

Thor Egil Leirtrø

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2021 Oct 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nice your photos of concerts. Congratulations !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines