• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom classic 13.0 unstable

Contributor ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. Tried LR 13.0 update today and totally unuseable.  Kept crashing LR.  Simple actions like scrolling or zooming in caused the program to shut down.  Kept trying for about 45 minutes and sometimes it would work for 5 min or so and then a simple mouse click would cause it to shut down the app.  No pattern, i.e. while zooming caused one shut down, later zooming did not but scrolling did, later neither zooming or scrolling did but simply clicking on an image did.  Very frustrating Had to roll back to previous version.  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

It sounds like a bad install.

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom

Restart the computer

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom

Restart the computer

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.

Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom

Wait 5 minutes

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a bad install.

Clean Lightroom Install Procedure

Close Lightroom

Restart the computer

Use the Adobe Creative Cloud App to uninstall Lightroom

Restart the computer

Install Lightroom via the Creative Cloud App without launching any other programs.

Restart the computer

Launch Lightroom

Wait 5 minutes

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did all that and seemed problem solved but then this morning (10/12) after using for roughly 30 minutes, the program simply shut down.  I was doing nothing with it as I was posting some photos I had exported to another computer.  The program simply closed.  No messages, no nothing.  Simply back to Windows desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 12, 2023 Oct 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your reinstall process again roughly 5 hours ago and it's not crashed since.  That's good but a new problem and rather than piggy-back here, I'll start a new report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 16, 2023 Oct 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess this is not the correct answer as marked because the problem persists.  Worse is that there is no message or anything to give a clue to Adobe, i.e. no offer of crash report or anything else.  I can't work this way and am rolling back to LR12 until this product becomes stable.  I can live without the new features because trying to have access to them is simply not worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Repeat...this is NOT the correct answer and LR 13.0.1 did NOT fix the random shutdown.  Any idea when 13.0.2 with this bug finally fixed will be released?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Develoment module bugs in 13.0.1:

I've had many problems and did all the install/reinstall but if some bugs were fixed, others surged.

After developpinging an image, I denoised and the image simply disappeared. I had to go back to Library to find it.

After that, when I displaced it to another folder it moved accordingly but also stayed in the initial folder.

How can I get back to LrC12? At least this was stable and functioning.

Working on a Mac M2 processor, 64G0 RAM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2023 Nov 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all these procedures on the iMac 27 2019 Intel 8-core with Sonoma, but it didn't work. So I need to reinstall my previous version 12.5. This version installs and works fine, but LRC 13.0 and 13.01 definitely have bugs. I hope the 13.02 version will be without these problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not help at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2023 Oct 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing same problem here.  It's barely usable since updating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Lightroom simply shuts down.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post your system info? There is another thread started about this and we are both using some similiar things.. posting your system info could be useful. Please do the LR menu command Help > System Info and copy/paste the entire contents here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Oct 21, 2023 Oct 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have always exported my current updated catalog to a new catalog after each major LR upgrade. This seems to leave any rubbish in the old updated catalog behind, and the new exported catalog is then clean. Go to 'File/Export as Catalog', give the new catalog a new name, and only tick the bottom checkbox to 'include available previews'. It is fairly quick;the only disadvantage is the it creates a new prefs file (which you will need to edit). Not sure what happens to plugins, since I don't use more than one or two occasionally.

I just did this today and the new exported catalog runs with amazing speed, compared to the old updated catalog. I once looked at what happens when you do this, using SQLite browser, and could see the faulty stuff left behind by the export.

I've done this for years now, and sometimes inbetween major upgrades if I think there is a slowdown.

Definitely worth a try.

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having similar problems.  Extremely unstable since upgrace to 13.0 and 13.0.1.  I have tried to roll back to previous versions, but still crashes.  I tried to go back to version 12, but LR says the library can not be opened anymore since it is a newer version.  Currently followed procedure to do reinstallation of 13.0.1, which can now open, but all of the image previews are now blank/gray.  Any assistance would be appreciated. 

System info here:

Lightroom Classic version: 13.0.1 [ 202310121438-d2af310c ]
License: Creative Cloud
Language setting: en-US
Operating system: Mac OS 14
Version: 14.0.0 [23A344]
Application architecture: arm64
Logical processor count: 8
Processor speed: NA
SqLite Version: 3.36.0
Built-in memory: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory available to Lightroom: 16,384.0 MB
Real memory used by Lightroom: 708.8 MB (4.3%)
Virtual memory used by Lightroom: 416,010.9 MB
Memory cache size: 0.0MB
Internal Camera Raw version: 16.0 [ 1677 ]
Maximum thread count used by Camera Raw: 5
Camera Raw SIMD optimization: SSE2
Camera Raw virtual memory: 0MB / 8191MB (0%)
Camera Raw real memory: 2MB / 16384MB (0%)
Standard Preview Size: 1440 pixels
Displays: 1) 2880x1800, 2) 5120x2880

Graphics Processor Info:
Metal: Apple M1
Init State: GPU for Export supported by default
User Preference: Auto

[path removed by Dan]

Installed Plugins:
1) AdobeStock
2) Aperture/iPhoto Importer Plug-in
3) Flickr
4) Nikon Tether Plugin

Config.lua flags: None

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I learned two things.  First for some reason now when I did the reinstallation of 13.0.1 it said Apple Silicon.  Lightroom Classic now opens up in a reasonable amount of time, and appears stable again.

Second, the gray images (no preview) appears to be related to my "previews.lrdata" file being offloaded by iCloud.  Seems it was 60GB and had not been referenced lately with all these Lightroom problems so iCloud took it off my laptop.  I relabeled that file as "old" and moved it to a temp folder.  Lightroom is now creating a new preview file and everything appears to be working again.  

Hope this helps others.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2023 Oct 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you start Lr12.5 be sure not to load the catalog v3 but the one you used prior to go to 13. It should start with something like v2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having issues.  I can see the versions says "(intel)" in the Creative Cloud program but I believe mine should have Apple silicon as it is an M1.  Anyone else have issues with this?  Is it at all related to the problems I am having with Lightroom? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have plenty of unnerving issues, like switching the screens, making the second screen the first and inversely. Kills muc of the incentive to start working on Lr

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would luv to try this to get rid of my 2 1/2 minute lag for LRC to load, but I am very concerned about my plugins.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I meant to say "presets".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reset mine on Mac and it was seamless

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that.

I am Win 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same for me, LR13 is unstable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem for the past month. There is never a crash report.

This happens at least 2 times per hour.  I disabled Garphics acceleration, but the problem persists.

Windows event viewer gives the following:

Faulting application name: Lightroom.exe, version: 13.0.1.1, time stamp: 0x6527cfa0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2428, time stamp: 0x806d3ecf
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x000000000010c849
Faulting process id: 0x0x93BC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA1282D109253E
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom Classic\Lightroom.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report Id: 50f7639a-febb-4262-971b-080ea39b1f24
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

-------------------------------------------------------

I always keep all Adobe apps updated thru Creative Cloud.

Somebody help us!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know about the Windows version but on a Mac all I found to solve the issues was to get back to Lr 12.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines