• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic 14.4 release is a disaster

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bugs from 13.3.1 persist - enormous lag creating new albums and collections and populating them, e.g. you press B to add to collection and wait several minutes before the image actually registers there.

New bugs added - now with many iphone apple raw .dng pics I open the pic after import in Loupe view mode - it shows built-in preview (LR previews not generated) - I switch to Develop - full size preview generated and shown as usual - I switch back to Loupe - and IT ONLY SHOWS built-in preview! 

It gets worse - previews get stuck and even if I choose generate full size preview - nothing changes, and after a couple of minutes I get message that Preview has been generated!

Adobe - start testing your software on large libraries - mine contains 200,000+ images and releases before 13.3 worked fine - after 13.3 I am having nothing but issues!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 02, 2024 Jul 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Always give your hardware specs and your MacOS version, otherwise Adobe engineers can't do nothing with your report. I have a 200,000 images catalog too on my MacBook Pro 16" M1 Max 32GB running MacOS 14.5 and I do not see any of the issues you have. When I press B, the image is reported to have been added to the quick collection in about one second, for example.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2024 Jul 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

M2Max Macbook Pro 16", latest Mac OS all updated. For me the trouble started with 13.3 upgrade. That's when they changed the sync engine and thats also when I had multiple issues with lag in various library related operations, like new album creation, adding pics to collection, etc. I have a thread here about it with some guys reporting the same kind of buggy behavior. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@DaMoroshka! , unfortunately the update to LrC 13.4 did not address any of the " Sync to Adobe Creative Cloud " issues which the updates of LrC 13.3 / 13.3.1 created.
Those issues are still being addressed by Adobe, hopefully these issues will get rectified soon.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also here lag in the develop module only go through the photos: it's not usable at all. I'm on Windows 11 Pro 23H2 22631.3810, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, 32,0 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650 (Driver already updated). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I have to completely agree with "DaMoroshka!" For me too, LRC13.4 is a disaster !

I use a catalog with 170,000 photos (approx. 60% RAW (Nikon/Fuji and 40% JPEG or PSD files) distributed across 3 main directories or 3 hard drives

Base is a PC with Windows 11 Pro (Version 23H2, Build 22631.3737)
- with Mainboard Typ Gigabyte Z790 Gaming X AX
- Intel Core i9-13900K
- 32 GB RAM
- graphic card NVIDEA GeForce RTX 4060 with NVIDIA Studio-Driver 555.99

Only if I deactivate Address Lookup, Face Detection and Saving XMP as well as turn off "Replace embedded previews with standard previews during idle time" and I also deactivate the graphics card can I minimize the number of crashes.

I don't think anyone at Adobe has ever tested LRC 13.4 with a really large number of photo files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A catalog with 170,000 images is not that big. I am sure several beta testers will have such a catalog or a much bigger one. A really big catalog is one million images or more. I know this won't be any consolation, but the problem with beta testing is that you cannot possibly test all the possible hardware configurations that are used in the world, especially on Windows. There will always be configurations out there that don't run well with the latest Lightroom version. That is inevitable and obviously Adobe should (and will) look into it. Also remember that people who do not have any problems with this version of Lightroom Classic will not come to this forum to report that. This version does have its problems for some people, and does not have any problems for other people, like all other versions did. I do not have the impression that this version is worse that any previous versions in that respect. I hope Adobe can solve this soon.

-- Johan W. Elzenga

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with small catalogue... It's a core problem they need to fix it, as a professional i cant work like that anymore

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ganji12 , @Bergischer Löwe , @Danilo3125234585jb ,

I posted a reply to the original author of the thread who raised issues with LrC 13.4 which relates mainly with Sync Issues that originated with LrC  13.3 and 13.3.1.
These issues have not been addressed in the LrC 13.4 upgrade if you look at the thread at the top of the forum anouncing the release of this update the info and details there do not indicate there are fixes for the issues you continue to raise.

Adobe is aware of the issues and hopefully a fix will be forthcomming in the near future.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; ( also laptop Win 11, ver 23H2; LrC 13.4,;) 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5,; Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines