• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 update crashes all the time

Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have  big problem with the new update of Lightroom Classic CC 7.3 and it is crashing a lot. It has crashed when I used the Profiles browser and also when I used ordinary presets. I´m not doing anything else with LR but with this new version seems very unstable, the 7.2 was very stable. I have checked so I dont have GPU acceleration on plus I have updated with the latest graphicscard drivers.

One other problem is with the converted development presets is rearranged in a total chaos order. I can not find any logic behind how it is organized. Is there a easy way to have it back in the order I hade it version 7.2. In the filesystem it looks ok but LR is doing something else.

Br

Mats

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 200 Replies 200
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2018 Apr 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tip: Next time, try a public Beta for a while.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i went to that link about submitting a crash but it doesnt seem to apply to PC versions...or if it does it is not clear

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2018 Apr 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I read somewhere in this long discussion that staff has located the source of the problem (a known issue) and are working on it. Please get the corrected version out asap.  In the meantime I will reinstall version 7.2 that performed without issue.  I thought I was the only one having this problem since neither of the Adobe tech support staffers I spoke to indicated that version 7.3 had an issue of crashing.  They took over my computer remotely and did all sorts of things, including unchecking the GPU.  It did not help.  After an hour, I was told perhaps I should upgrade to Windows 10. or maybe it was my photos!  It would save us users a lot of angst if Adobe would have taken the initiative to announce that version 7.3 has bugs that are in the process of being corrected. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates yet? i have tried all the suggestions and i still get the hang after a while

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no new news?

This is pretty crazy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe, where is update or solution? Lightroom  crashes when browsing profiles. It’s rediculous, another argument to change your Lightroom for Capture One.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody is forcing you to use lightroom but if a company cant even make a mistake then where is the world going? Please move to capture one because Adobe doesn't need salty people like you at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Capture One because it’s lightyears ahead, I only use Adobe for older photos in catalogue I already have.

At least no bugs like this in a Capture One and I didn’t call you personal man.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its not personal but you act like adobe is doing nothing to fix it while their member has been in this topic to keep track on the bugs. I have tried capture one and while it might have some nice features it also feel like a complete mess setting wise so i guess its to each its own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe should test their product before pushing updates to production, lots of professionals lose their money due to bugs which shouldn’t be there in a first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You acting like this is happening with every update... i dont know bout you but this the first time for me that i have problems with lightroom but for me it was a easy fix to turn off the profile previews to list mode to get lightroom working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say it happens every update. I turned grid profiles view into list view as you suggested and it seems work, hasn't crashed yet.

I have lots of VSCO profiles may be it was a big overload for LR grid view. Thanks for this fix anyway.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No problem, anmd i did some research on the .dll that creates the previews and thats a visual windows .dll file so this could be a windows problem also because when i search google i get more software that have the crashing problem with the same dll file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about windows link libraries, I'm on Mac

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2018 Apr 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True. But, will Adobe refund my subscription fee if I go to another product?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 18, 2018 Apr 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its called a subscription because you can cancel it at any moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As long as you don't own a Pentax 645 z or any other PhaseOne competitor.  .PEF files not supported. Ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7.3 has been locking up my Windows 10 machine completely.  Prefferences looked like they were reset by the upgrade and I had a message pop up about preview cache being corrupt.  Randomly while using LR the entire computer will freeze and I have to do a hard reset to get it working again.

Reverting to 7.2 fixed the issue after a few frustrating hours spent trying different graphics drivers and verifying it wasn't an overheating issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you man, i just rolled back as well. 7.3 needs work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

7820x on X299, 64gb ram and a 1070gtx, win 10.

Tried updating all drivers, running as administrator and cleaning everything up before reinstall but it didn't help.

Too bad, because the performance was really good before it froze. It freezes when the screen saver starts and when it goes into the background.

With all this configurations and different computers it isn't easy to get a perfect update each time. Hope Adobe fixes this soon while keeping the extra performance.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been crashing every so often as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 20, 2018 Apr 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having the same problem and no updates in this by anyone from Adobe to help.

RichardNL you are in no way helping the discussion by attacking someone for wanting customer support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you using it on windows? Try putting the color profiles on list mode so that you dont see any previews. Thats what fixed it for me but it would be nice to have previews so 7.4 should be out soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, it's Windows 10.

Pretty much given up on Lightroom.

Getting to know Capture One - so far, it's looking really good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. And its really fast too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines