• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom Classic CC crashes every time

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2019 Feb 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I just bought a MacBook Pro 2018 13" and as a professional photographer I installed PS and Lightroom Classic CC via Creative Cloud desktop app.

The MacBook Pro is on Mojave 10.14.3 and of course the LR/PS are the latest available from Adobe.

My problem is that every time I open LR CC it loads normally and after 15 seconds it crashes and quits. This happened every single time I opened the app. I am unable to do anything.

Things I've done so far:

Uninstall and Install again (tried the CC tool to clean all Adobe files)

Turned off/on GPU

Tried to change permissions and add Admin on /Library with no luck. (I'm on Mojave and I get the error that I'm not allowed to change permissions).

Clean install of Mac OS (2 times)

You can't imagine how frustrated I am because as a professional that's my business and 2 days in a row I can't work.

Why is this happening? Why the LR can't work out of the box and what needs to be done?

As mentioned before the MBP is brand new and I didn't install any other app besides Creative Cloud & LR/PS.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

For the record after 3 days of frustration I managed to get the suite working.

What I did was a clean install for the third time in a row. This time the first program I installed was adobe creative cloud desktop app and everything else after that. This way LR/PS are working fine. It's a real issue that someone has to go through all that and lose business hours to get the work done.

Thank you everyone for your fast responses and your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you completely signed out of Creative Cloud Manager and then back in? Have you deactivated Lr on your old computer? If you have more than two activations this might be the problem. Go into Manage your account under preferences and from there you should be able to see if your account still sees Lr activated on you old computer. Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What action are you performing in Lightroom when it crashes?

Just to be clear, you mean that just Lightroom is crashing, right? You don't mean that the entire computer crashes and has to be re-started, right?

One thing that has not been ruled out is problems due to the operating system. Perhaps now is the best time to re-install the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually nothing! I simply look at it and after 15 seconds the color wheel starts spinning and it crashes.

Already mentioned that I've done 2 clean installs on a brand new MBP.

I signed out and log in again on MBP. I'll try to log out on my previous computers but as I remember Creative Cloud forced you to log out of all devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be forced to deactivate Lr. You'll have to click on your profile > Manage Account > Manage Plan and then select and deactivate - this is all the way at the bottom of the page. The license allows up to two computers.

Logging out of Lr on your other computers isn't the same as deactivating a device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see how logging out or logging in or having other machines logged in will cause Lightroom to crash. If you have exceeded the number of allowed activations, you simply can't get into Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kotsos4u  wrote

Things I've done so far:

Uninstall and Install again (tried the CC tool to clean all Adobe files)

Turned off/on GPU

Tried to change permissions and add Admin on /Library with no luck. (I'm on Mojave and I get the error that I'm not allowed to change permissions).

Clean install of Mac OS (2 times)

How to set Lightroom Classic CC preferences

Also try logging into another account and see if it crashes.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 08, 2019 Feb 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you can not keep LR up long enough to pull from it System Information, how about another way. First some versions of the Adobe products.

Bring up your Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application. Clcik the apps tab. Mouse hover over the descriptions

1) Photoshop CC version: ???

2) Lightroomk CC version: ???  (if installed)

3) Lightroom Classic CC version ???

And while you are at it, clcik on the three dots (upper right) and select preferences,

4)Creative Cloud version ???? (should be as of today 4.8.0.421)

And since you are in the Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop application

5) Are you signed in?

6) and any notices (the bell)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 10, 2019 Feb 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record after 3 days of frustration I managed to get the suite working.

What I did was a clean install for the third time in a row. This time the first program I installed was adobe creative cloud desktop app and everything else after that. This way LR/PS are working fine. It's a real issue that someone has to go through all that and lose business hours to get the work done.

Thank you everyone for your fast responses and your support!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue.  Had 2 seperate computer garu's trying to help me to at least be able to use lightroom, but no luck.  My whole computer re-starts after launching Lightroom CC.  Everything is updated... Display Driver, Operating system, no luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 27, 2023 Nov 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@theresas27796409 , please provide the version number of your operating system and the Adobe application you have installed.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines